"Arrogant, inconsistent, rule-bound, robotic, ruinous to the game as a spectacle." | Vital Football

"Arrogant, inconsistent, rule-bound, robotic, ruinous to the game as a spectacle."

Oh give it a rest. He got both yellows correct and we lost - get over it.
Rubbish. He got the decisions to give free kicks correct, but two, if not all, bookings given to Shackell and Bolger were totally unnecessary and against the spirit of the game. For what it’s worth, Carlisle deserved their victory, but not through interventions from this extremely poor official.

Oh give it a rest. He got both yellows correct and we lost - get over it.

People are entitled to their own opinions and I thought I'd publish a few of them in an article.

I would have this done last night but I was really bloody tired when I got home from Carlisle!

Sin bin is the answer.

Can anyone justify the punishment fitted the crimes. 2 innocuous fouls = game ruined.

The laws need a rethink.

One of the reasons I choose not to travel more than a couple of hours for an away game is the game can be ruined by such decision, so easily.

They happens too often.

Sending off should equal terrible tackle\behaviour.
Not slightly miss judged actions.

Sin bin is the answer.

Can anyone justify the punishment fitted the crimes. 2 innocuous fouls = game ruined.

The laws need a rethink.

One of the reasons I choose not to travel more than a couple of hours for an away game is the game can be ruined by such decision, so easily.

They happens too often.

Sending off should equal terrible tackle\behaviour.
Not slightly miss judged actions.

Sin bin is exactly the answer!
I would bring in 10 minutes in a sin bin for first yellow, 20 minutes for a 2nd yellow in same game, 30 minutes for a 3rd yellow if it ever occurred (and with this ref, Shackell would have received a yellow for every single tackle he did).
And the team sinned against get the immediate benefit of any yellows issued. Seems fairer all round.

At the end of the day Wether the bookings were justified or not Shackel is experienced enough to not give the ref the chance to book him again .
I take more exception to him booking Bolger surely a warning would have been sufficient. That was him showing he was a premier league ref and showing off that is were the arrogance came in.

At the end of the day Wether the bookings were justified or not Shackel is experienced enough to not give the ref the chance to book him again .
I take more exception to him booking Bolger surely a warning would have been sufficient. That was him showing he was a premier league ref and showing off that is were the arrogance came in.

If it was an oppoenent and not Shackell we would be screaming for two yellows.

No blame whatsoever for Bolger coming onto the pitch without the refs permission of course, I mean being a professional he's not meant to know the laws.

Nonsense. What game were you watching?

I was watching the same game as you, I turned to my mate whos also a ref after the second challenge and said 'what is he doing, a pro with his experience'? The ref wasn't great but neither did we help ourselves.

Has anyone stopped to think that both players are old enough to know the rules and in such animportant game I would have thought Shaks especially should have known better.I wouldnt be surprised if he has played his last game , alternatively , what has been known before , he fancied Easter off . ( I am not saying hes done it but some pros have )

it wasn't even a dangerous area of the pitch where shackell committed the second yellow foul. he also lost his discipline after one yellow at swindon.

his only two other bookings in the league have come in minute 90. maybe he doesn't expect to get booked at L2 level.

still massively in credit over the season.

My joint player of the season with Bostwick but he can lose his cool, Bostwick doesn’t.
Does Shackell have of picking up two quick yellows in his career?