Argyle | Page 7 | Vital Football

Argyle

Regarding deji oshilaja - I have it in the back of my mind that he left under a cloud. Did he have a bad attitude? I’m thinking he fell out with Jed/Pennock. Or am I just confused again?

I don't recall any issues. he was on loan from Cardiff IIRC. I just assumed he went back at the end of his loan. was it terminated early ? I don't remember that being the case.

Not sure if his the experienced head to talk the likes of Medley or Drysdale through a game though.

One point about Oshilaja. I know he was younger at the time, but his performance in the FACup defeat at Brackley was terrible - he completely went to pieces. I'd like to think we can do better.

Evans coming across as whiny again, blaming the ref and the facilities. Dont like to hear this sort of thing it just comes across as sour grapes:

You don’t expect a referee’s performance to be as poor as that. People will say ‘is that Steve moaning about a referee?’ Yes, I am, he was poor and an indication of that was when five minutes was put up at the end. Ryan and his staff were delighted, weren’t they?

"I don’t care if he is a new boy, I’ll say it how it is, he was poor

Evans coming across as whiny again, blaming the ref and the facilities. Dont like to hear this sort of thing it just comes across as sour grapes:

You don’t expect a referee’s performance to be as poor as that. People will say ‘is that Steve moaning about a referee?’ Yes, I am, he was poor and an indication of that was when five minutes was put up at the end. Ryan and his staff were delighted, weren’t they?

"I don’t care if he is a new boy, I’ll say it how it is, he was poor

Yes, Evans is starting to sound like the Evans we knew and hated when he was at other clubs. We've heard all season about how our funds and budget are the worst in the division (we and I suspect Evans doesn't know that, but whilst I am in no doubt we can't compete with those bigger or bankrolled clubs, but I'd equally be amazed if our budget was lower than the likes of Accrington, Rochdale and co). Now we're hearing the sort of excuses other teams trot out when the lose to us - refereeing mistakes, bad facilities, changing rooms etc. I am the first to call it as I see it re referees, but thought the lad on Saturday was probably the best I've seen this season. As stated above, he wasn't noticed, which suggest he was good - he probably had a better game than at least 20 of the players and the two managers and sets of coaching staff.

Time for Evans to start looking at himself and those on the pitch, who are losing games against poor sides we should be beating (and I don't mean that from in an arrogant sense, I judge that from what I saw in those last two games and those respective teams results this season).

I've said from the start of Evans' tenure that his bullish combative attitude and robust style of football was just what we needed and the antithesis of some of the lily livered managers and teams we've had recently. However, that attitude and style of football only works when you're winning; when you start losing, the poor style of football couple with the excuses and general BS will start to see fans turn on the manager very quickly and with our prickly chairman, excuses and the BS about our budget is likely to get Mr Scally's back-up very quickly, if we keep losing and playing badly.

Yes, Evans is starting to sound like the Evans we knew and hated when he was at other clubs. We've heard all season about how our funds and budget are the worst in the division (we and I suspect Evans doesn't know that, but whilst I am in no doubt we can't compete with those bigger or bankrolled clubs, but I'd equally be amazed if our budget was lower than the likes of Accrington, Rochdale and co). Now we're hearing the sort of excuses other teams trot out when the lose to us - refereeing mistakes, bad facilities, changing rooms etc. I am the first to call it as I see it re referees, but thought the lad on Saturday was probably the best I've seen this season. As stated above, he wasn't noticed, which suggest he was good - he probably had a better game than at least 20 of the players and the two managers and sets of coaching staff.

Time for Evans to start looking at himself and those on the pitch, who are losing games against poor sides we should be beating (and I don't mean that from in an arrogant sense, I judge that from what I saw in those last two games and those respective teams results this season).

I've said from the start of Evans' tenure that his bullish combative attitude and robust style of football was just what we needed and the antithesis of some of the lily livered managers and teams we've had recently. However, that attitude and style of football only works when you're winning; when you start losing, the poor style of football couple with the excuses and general BS will start to see fans turn on the manager very quickly and with our prickly chairman, excuses and the BS about our budget is likely to get Mr Scally's back-up very quickly, if we keep losing and playing badly.

29 Games played in all competitions, 13 of those we have failed to score in. After the "difficult teams to play against" at the start of the season, I am disappointed that we have not done better, despite the injuries. Other clubs have had their injuries too.

29 Games played in all competitions, 13 of those we have failed to score in. After the "difficult teams to play against" at the start of the season, I am disappointed that we have not done better, despite the injuries. Other clubs have had their injuries too.
Wow I didn’t realise our goalscoring record was as bad as that! Shocking statistic!

I make it 11. Not that that's great either, admittedly, but it is slightly better.