Are we stronger? Prediction | Vital Football

Are we stronger? Prediction

Hastings

Vital Football Hero
So are we stronger this season than last when we finished 10th? No Bola but Tilt likely to stay.

I'd say definitely yes. More stability around the club and feel good factor. Down sides are Bola obviously but also Spearing latter half of the season and what you I've heard this season is off the pace.

I think Kaikai looks a good signing and Hardy and Nuttall look to be good options, hopefully this competition for places up front will inspire more goals.

Prediction 5th for me

I need to see a couple more signings yet, whether it be loan or permanent. Think we’re still lacking at CB and Midfield.

Blackburn striker, and a new CB with Nya Kirby back on loan = much stronger.

Are you suggesting we could get Kirby back? Thought he was a talented individual with loads of energy who we treated badly

Are you suggesting we could get Kirby back? Thought he was a talented individual with loads of energy who we treated badly

No idea, just that sort of player is what we need. It's great having Kaikai on one wing, but if that's our only dribbling/creative threat we are going to be easy to play against.

Still short of a striker. Has Nuttall signed?
I’d say it’s fairly even and a mid table finish is likely. However, a goal scorer and a creative midfielder are a must. We also need a 3 more in defence. RB, LB and CB.

I believe Larry wants 5 more.

I think we are marginally stronger than last season but still short of the quality needed to get into the top 6 and challenge for promotion

Good question. Only time can reveal if we have the right blend, attitude and determination with this group of footballers. Luck of the draw ?

Much.

The difference in calibre of Grayson signings vs. McPhillips (which may not be fair, new owner and all) is night and day.

It is interesting you say that when 2 of our better signings (Kaikai and Hardie) were either signed by McPhillips or were in the process of signing when McPhillips was still here.

It is interesting you say that when 2 of our better signings (Kaikai and Hardie) were either signed by McPhillips or were in the process of signing when McPhillips was still here.

Fair point. It might have been more of an Oyston vs. Saddler budget.

I think McPhillips is an excellent scout - Virtue is testament to that.
What he lacked is managerial nous.
Brabin brought that to the table.
After he left we won just 2 out of those last 11games. When you consider a win on the last game of the season would have seen us finish in 8th place makes you realise how well McP + Brabin had done.
We have strengthened off the pitch as well as on it. I would have McP down for a head scout / asst manager for a league 1 club no problem.
On the pitch there are options. I would like some more cover at - CH in addition to Anderton /Rocky, Nottingham isn't cover for there.
Kirby would fit in well in midfield. A creative midfielder is needed as a priority.
Up top we now have options.
Are we stronger than last season? Most definitely yes.

Definitely in better shape than last year. BUT, with the window still open, I hope nobody throws money at BFC and Tilt. They keep saying he's near signing but not there yet!

So I'm a bit giddy after yesterday's first half but I am really hopeful. Think we have all the pieces and as Sask says give Husband a chance but he's going to have to earn it, the last decent left back we had with a temper was Jones from Liverpool bags of talent but crackers.

Still think we need a keeper, it will become more obvious as the season progresses but don't think Larry has an eye for a decent keeper
Deffo top six probably top three

I'm on the fence about the keeper. I want to see a bit more of him. Both keepers yesterday had a bit of trouble with that wind. In our game last week at Bloomers, our keeper did ok imo and read the game well. We'll see.

I was happy with our keeper first outing, his kicking wasnt great but did come out for several balls. Im putting it down to wind. Anyone behind the goals care to offer an opinion.