Are we missing the fans more than most | Page 2 | Vital Football

Are we missing the fans more than most

I am not sure that I would agree about those signings over the last two seasons.
Many are not considered Premiership quality (Robinson, McBurnie, Osborne, Burke, etc.), quite a few simply haven’t delivered (Brewster, McNurnie, etc.) and did we really need some of them (eg Berge, Freeman, even Ramsdale, etc.).
Maybe it was the ones we missed out on who would have made all the difference.
Got to agree. It's got to be the ones we missed out on because the majaority fo the ones we have got have given, being charitable, the square root of F. all in actual returns.- unless eg McB's 8 goals in 2 seasons meet expectations.

I know Chips - but the hoofball tactic started way before then. We were playing it from the second half of last season. Its not for me - and I find it hard to believe we are that poor/injury hit that we needed to play it on Saturday - this is a situation of our own making.
I agree that from the time we had empty grounds to the end of the season we lost it. Only had 4 good results (when we played well).
But I not surprised we are poor with no defence due to injuries aya.

We should be doing both in all games chips that’s part of the reason we are where we are cos we’re only half doing one,you can’t win the raffle if you don’t buy a ticket
Our reserves aren't good enough. You'll blame CW but I blame the Prince in part anyway Bully.

Last edited:
Are reserves aren't good enough. You'll blame CW but I blame the Prince in part anyway Bully.
Like I’ve said in reply to rod on another thread chips it depends who is to blame for the targets not being acquired it could be any of HRH the CEO or Chris or maybe a combination or even all 3,I doubt we will find out until one or all have left I won’t apportion blame as I’d be guessing
btw we had 2 players missing at the start of the season that’s all not half the team like as is now any team should be able to cope with that,also none were missing back end of last when all this started the writing was on the wall then,it was enough for me to put us in a relegation 4 fold from each division ante post (which stands a decent chance of coming in atm)
what I blame Chris for is the negative attitude we have taken this season that’s down to him and after he said we would never play like this last season I don’t expect gung ho all out attacking like some of you think we mean,being reasonable about it I expect us to try and go forward get balls and players in the box and create some chances not for 90 mins solid but the not having a go till the last 10/15 mins when we’re already behind is no way to play maybe against Man City but not the rest not even Liverpool this season

Last edited:
Like I’ve said in reply to rod on another thread chips it depends who is to blame for the targets not being acquired it could be any of HRH the CEO or Chris or maybe a combination or even all 3,I doubt we will find out until one or all have left I won’t apportion blame as I’d be guessing
btw we had 2 players missing at the start of the season that’s all not half the team like as is now any team should be able to cope with that,also none were missing back end of last when all this started the writing was on the wall then,it was enough for me to put us in a relegation 4 fold from each division ante post (which stands a decent chance of coming in atm)
what I blame Chris for is the negative attitude we have taken this season that’s down to him and after he said we would never play like this last season I don’t expect gung ho all out attacking like some of you think we mean,being reasonable about it I expect us to try and go forward get balls and players in the box and create some chances not for 90 mins solid but the not having a go till the last 10/15 mins when we’re already behind is no way to play maybe against Man City but not the rest not even Liverpool this season
Are you certain that CW has told the players not to attck and to try to get a 0-0 or could it be that they haver failed the manager? Even when only two missing at the start?

Are you certain that CW has told the players not to attck and to try to get a 0-0 or could it be that they haver failed the manager? Even when only two missing at the start?
If they’ve disobeyed orders from the manager on the pitch for all this time chips then he has lost the dressing room and he should have taken steps in conjunction with the board to address it player power should never rule a club and I doubt it rules ours with Chris at the helm,the tail was wagging the dog when he arrived I think it took him a couple of weeks tops to get the ball in the clubs court, it may explain why some players get less of a look in though I’m not privy to behind the scenes goings on like most fans
btw he has on a number of occasions said in interviews why we have played that way and against top sides I get it I didn’t get it last weekend or on many other occasions this season

If they’ve disobeyed orders from the manager on the pitch for all this time chips then he has lost the dressing room and he should have taken steps in conjunction with the board to address it player power should never rule a club and I doubt it rules ours with Chris at the helm,the tail was wagging the dog when he arrived I think it took him a couple of weeks tops to get the ball in the clubs court, it may explain why some players get less of a look in though I’m not privy to behind the scenes goings on like most fans
btw he has on a number of occasions said in interviews why we have played that way and against top sides I get it I didn’t get it last weekend or on many other occasions this season
You know I never said they disobeyed Bully. But are you saying CW has stopped them playing? You blame CW and I blame injuries and the players who make those simple football mistakes. Yes, CW is manager and will suffer his fate if the Pirnce decides to get rid and I don't want that.

You know I never said they disobeyed Bully. But are you saying CW has stopped them playing? You blame CW and I blame injuries and the players who make those simple football mistakes. Yes, CW is manager and will suffer his fate if the Pirnce decides to get rid and I don't want that.
Neither do I m8 he deserves a chance to get us back I’ve said that numerous times but it’s the nature of the beast he took the plaudits during our rise he has to take some of the flack for our demise and as I’ve said above I don’t discount the possibility he’s not the only one to blame for what happens behind the scenes (although he‘s always maintained he’s hands on and would resist any attempts to take recruitment etc out of his hands) but he certainly is for what happens out on the grass

Unless something miraculous happens we are down, I'm not religious so I won't count on it. What I'd like to see is Wilder provide evidence in the remaining games that he really is the manager to mount another promotion challenge and regain our place in the top tier. At this moment in time there is nothing to suggest he is. The finger of blame has already started and if relegation is confirmed that will rise by the day. I don't have to list things that need to change, they have been done to death. What is clear the board have some decisions to make before we start a new season, hopefully some of those are already planned and ready to roll.

Neither do I m8 he deserves a chance to get us back I’ve said that numerous times but it’s the nature of the beast he took the plaudits during our rise he has to take some of the flack for our demise and as I’ve said above I don’t discount the possibility he’s not the only one to blame for what happens behind the scenes (although he‘s always maintained he’s hands on and would resist any attempts to take recruitment etc out of his hands) but he certainly is for what happens out on the grass
Yes and he has not openly blamed his boss.

No....I have given him time and I did not condemn but merely asked if he was our man. Are you convinced Gray?
No, not 100% Chippy. For instance I’m not keen on his involvement with 4 other clubs and us buying a player so he can turn out for one of them. I‘m not sure we were at that stage financially ot quality wise, we certainly won‘t be now.

But it’s all relative mate. He hasn’t done anything to make me think he’s qualified via the McCabe school of duplicity yet, just a few concerns that hopefully will be cleared up once this wretched season has finally breathed its last.

No, not 100% Chippy. For instance I’m not keen on his involvement with 4 other clubs and us buying a player so he can turn out for one of them. I‘m not sure we were at that stage financially ot quality wise, we certainly won‘t be now.

But it’s all relative mate. He hasn’t done anything to make me think he’s qualified via the McCabe school of duplicity yet, just a few concerns that hopefully will be cleared up once this wretched season has finally breathed its last.
So it's a wait and see then Gray? Will we see a fire sale, if not then perhaps I'll give him another season, ot at least toe 1st Feb next year.

So it's a wait and see then Gray? Will we see a fire sale, if not then perhaps I'll give him another season, ot at least toe 1st Feb next year.
And then what Chips?

You'll actually blame him for everything rather than just alluding to it at every opportunity?

And then what Chips?

You'll actually blame him for everything rather than just alluding to it at every opportunity?
Blame him for everything? No but I've given him time and he appears to removed his backing from CW. So I'll allow him even more time (to 1st Feb 2022). Seems fair enough to me TT.

Blame him for everything? No but I've given him time and he appears to removed his backing from CW. So I'll allow him even more time (to 1st Feb 2022). Seems fair enough to me TT.
Removed his backing or stopped throwing good money after CW's bad use of it????