Are We Looking At Life Without Smith And Ihiekwe? | Vital Football

Are We Looking At Life Without Smith And Ihiekwe?

There is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that Smith will go and Ihiekwe would like to go but perhaps not now to Derby.
Last season Smith outperformed in his goal return. His "norm" is a goal every 4 or 5 games including two stints in the Championship. Personally I think PW over relies on Smith tactically and his departure might (might) see us making more use of the midfield. For me the elephant in the room is Kelly. Is a fully fit Kelly going to replicate his "goal machine" exploits alongside Washington or Grigg or is he going to be a bit part player? If the former and we bring in another forward (Stockton, perhaps) I can see a good season. I would like to see us buy a holding midfielder, a left back and a couple of decent central defenders. Not much to ask, Tony?

I would like to see us buy a holding midfielder, a left back and a couple of decent central defenders. Not much to ask, Tony?

I think we've been crying out for players in those positions since we were last in the Championship - perhaps even before.