Are we just rubbish ? | Vital Football

Are we just rubbish ?

OurGert

Vital Squad Member
or....... has the mojo gone ? Chris lost the plot ? players not up to it ?
Genuine question.

1. Teams don't sit back against us.
2. No crowds.
3. We actually look scared.
4. Our wingbacks are more like full backs.
5. We are direct without any appropriate strikers for that tactic.
6. Poor substitutions.
7. No midfield creativity.
8. Appalling (IMO) transfer window pre season.
I expect there are a lot of other factors which others will pick up on.

Have the players got sick of Wilder's voice and his approach?

Is Luncunt even more toxic than we think?

Were we really so heavily reliant on momentum, confidence and adrenaline?

Lot of possibilities.

The one certainty is that we fucked the transfer window up massively. A stubborn, eggs in one basket approach and we haven't even bought the right eggs for it.

All the teams with the poorer technical players (worse budget) have suffered during Covid. The games are like training sessions and better players will always beat poorer players in that scenario. The crowds are a big differentiator.
The loss of JOC has been huge. With him in the team i would suggest we would have at least another 4 points and not bottom of the league. The players look frightened to lose instead of playing to win. That is what been at the bottom does.
For me the lack of a creative sigining has been very damaging, a Jarrod Bowen or a Lookman type player. That and a JOC replacement have to be the priority in January and hopefully offload some deadwood.

Last edited:
The two things we need to do in order to get our foot on the first rung of the league ladder is to take care of the football in the middle of the park and take our chances in front of goal. Without both of these things we will find this a very long and ultimately dissapointing season.

yes at the moment we are rubbish ,can it change for the better yes it can ,it just boils down to sticking the ball away ,we havnt got the players anywhere in the team to do that on a regular basis. our centre forwards are the worse in the division. they,ll do for the championship though