Are we happy? | Vital Football

Are we happy?

Are you happy with Jose and our football?

• Yes 100% happy, he's heading for a Trophy

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Yes, but not 100% Happy, we'll miss the targets

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • No, he's the anti-Christ of attractive football

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, his tactics and his motivation are poor, he'll fail

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Can't decide - I still prefer Poch

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Sooner or later, he'll c**p on everyone

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

Spursex

Alert Team
So our first natural break in the season and it's not a mind-numbing break for slow-mo friendlies.

For once we don't have to bite our fingernails (I never do) polish our four-leaf clovers, avoid walking under ladders, kiss our lucky charms, cross fingers, arms and legs as we await news of how many of our hero's that we sent to the front came back intact...

Jose has been in charge for a while now, I think he's set his stall out and we've all got a good notion of the type of set-up he's going to run and tactically what he thinks he's had to do and is going to do; it looks as if Harry's injury has derailed his plans and at one point it appeared like he couldn't get beyond the disaster this was for him, the team, the players and the club, let alone the fans.

But a couple of dirty, nasty, long ball counter-attacking wins seems to have lifted his and our spirits; now these wins could be seen as 'a sign of his winning mentality' against superior opposition - so let's do what fans do and skip over the cowardly timid losses (according to some) where our 'weak' 'Spursey' mentality was much in evidence awaiting Jose and his exorcism team and dark arts.

So are you happy?

Last edited:
Very.

We have a winner in charge.

He’s already binned off Rose/KWP and Wanyama looks like following

He’s sussed Dombelly already

He’s given the new signings time

He’s shown he’s tactically superior to Mopo and able to change mid game and early.

He’s got Alli performer much better

He’s brought in Tang who seems to be in the verge of signing new contract now.

He’s managing a half dead squad better

A bit naughty offering choices that lead to negativity, bar No.1.

Forget the hyphenated ad lib because it's for those additions I can not vote.

I am 100% happier - to where we were in the latter months of Poch.

I echo Kiny's list.

Jose still doesn't have all the components to make the engine purr because it hasn't been serviced for 2 years. We have a mechanic with experience (but limited resources) trying to get us up the grid. I feel we have a better chance of winning a race (a trophy). The man is used to standing on the podium.

Out football is not a lot of fun to watch. No magic wand, but experience and pragmatism is the order of the day. It's a process that can't possibly be reviewed just after 3 months. But there are glimpses of what's to come.

Poch had a 5 year project. If supported, imo, Jose can help us exceed Poch's achievements in lesser time.

Finally, I'd love to know how Levy would vote!!. What are the targets/ambitions??... keep the bonuses rolling in with top-4?

It ain't perfect yet but until he has his squad we must give him time.

Agree with everything kiny says.

Him getting shot of the 2 toxic guy's is a big step in the right direction. Anyone he doesn't want he is selling, loaning or pushing to the side.

He clearly doesn't want quick fixes. Bringing in Tang, buying Gedson and Bergwinj tells us all we are buying for the future.

I have seen more tactical nous and intelligence from Jose than any other manager we have had. Only Venables comes close in this department.

I didn’t want him in the first instance . I thought he was the last person we needed . The initial bounce didn’t convince me . The Losses fuelled my initial thoughts but since January started I am seeing a different outlook . Kiny has it spot on . 80 says he is a winner and I agree . The winners mentality is showing in the team ethic . Moura is getting a good run and while he is getting a few bad reviews he is not being helped by not having a proper centre forward to create with and from . Alli is growing again . The new signings , the young kids and Ndombele ( eventually) and Lo Celso are the future and yes I am happy .
perhaps not today , there are still things that need sorting , but I know I will be happy tomorrow . We have a winner in charge at last. It’s something we desperately need .

Personally, I do think the club is in very capable hands with Jose. He clearly has an effective brand of football but not so easy on the eye. I think the quality of play will improve as he gets more into the job, but I'm not expecting us to become the best ball playing side in the league. Trophies will more than make up for that.

Ultimately, I'm enjoying this season. There's more reason to get excited as a Spurs fan. We're heading in the right direction again.

I’m happy in general but it Is obvious that we need higher calibre players to make Jose’s tactics be truly effective.

I think we receive better analysis of our performances from him than we ever did from Poch, explaining the issues he is trying to deal with as he sees them without too much gobbledegook language although I did laugh when he said last night that in the first half it may have looked as if the situation was out of control, but it wasn’t....could have fooled me Jose.

i don’t think we will finish 4 th, or win the cup but I believe by the end of the season we will have a nucleus of a team that with perhaps 2 or 3 additions will be competitive again.

I hear the word “future” at Spurs for more than sixty years now!

Lately, it was “in the future” with AVB and “in the future” with MP!
Still after six-seven years we didn't win anything!

How long is going to take that "future" in order Spurs to achieve the target of winning silverware with JM?
Because I didn't hear the owners to make any statement that they will do their best to help the club achieve glory on the field!
They didn't say a word about it until today!

Let's see first what they will do in the summer transfer period and after we can start drawing conclusions and make dreams.

Because in the January window they have failed once again to achieve the only target we had: to buy a striker with the characteristics JM wanted him to have.
It was difficult but not impossible.

Pure shite to watch. His in game decisions and actions are very good though.

Go back to when we were at our best under Poch,the high press,high energy levels,hunting in packs and smothering teams. I was happy. The football was exciting but we fell short. And Pochs in game management was almost no existent.

Under Mourinho our players get isolated in possession so often in games and are often smothered ,we play percentages and our defence is deep. Horrible to watch for the purist but he identifies problems in a game and knows how to change it using personnell and shape. He has no interest in beautiful football, just winning. I'm moderately happy. Champions League against a very good Leipzig team will tell us a lot.

Pure shite to watch. His in game decisions and actions are very good though.

Go back to when we were at our best under Poch,the high press,high energy levels,hunting in packs and smothering teams. I was happy. The football was exciting but we fell short. And Pochs in game management was almost no existent.

Under Mourinho our players get isolated in possession so often in games and are often smothered ,we play percentages and our defence is deep. Horrible to watch for the purist but he identifies problems in a game and knows how to change it using personnell and shape. He has no interest in beautiful football, just winning. I'm moderately happy. Champions League against a very good Leipzig team will tell us a lot.

It’s was terrible football for the last 2 seasons under Mopo, no spark hardly any creativity and possession for the sake of it - normally dull sideways and backwards football.

It’s also been a mixed bag under him, it’s not all rubbish football plenty of good entertaining games as well - he’s had to change tact because Kane’s dead and the state of the squad he was left with was appalling and in no fit state to play the volume of games we have had.

Also I think getting spanked 7-2 is worse than anything seen so far under Jose.

Taking everything into account I think that he is doing a decent job under very difficult circumstances. The football at times is pretty dire to watch, but there is no reason to believe at this stage that consistency of results, and style of play, won't improve significantly from such time that the majority of our best players are fit and available, whereby he is able to field starting line-ups and formations best suited to opposition, venue, tactical requirements etc. etc. At the moment he just doesn't have those options.

There has been the odd game where I could see the style Jose wants to implement.

The saints away game at times we looked very good. Quick 1-2 touch football. Quick counter attacking football. Solid defensively.

When he has the options we are not as bad as people make out. The amount of injuries he has had to deal with is insane.

If liverpool had them they wouldn't be winning every week.

He is so tactical aware I just don't worry during games. He is miles ahead of anything we have had.

I get why people compare our style to 3-5 years ago. But people need to understand we don't have that team anymore.

Also it was very telling that once that team started to be sold off and suffered injuries and age Poch didn't have a clue how to keep us going forward.

Which indicates what I said 2 years ago he was carried by a very good team for 3 years and eventually got found out.

I'm intrigued to see who Jose signs in the summer.

We certainly need a new GK to push Hugo.

We need a new RB.

We need a DM option.

We need a ST that can play with or without Kane.

That's not an easy job but looking at who Jose has brought in already I'm confident he will get it right if he is backed by Levy.

A bit naughty offering choices that lead to negativity, bar No.1.

Forget the hyphenated ad lib because it's for those additions I can not vote.

I am 100% happier - to where we were in the latter months of Poch.

I echo Kiny's list.

Jose still doesn't have all the components to make the engine purr because it hasn't been serviced for 2 years. We have a mechanic with experience (but limited resources) trying to get us up the grid. I feel we have a better chance of winning a race (a trophy). The man is used to standing on the podium.

Out football is not a lot of fun to watch. No magic wand, but experience and pragmatism is the order of the day. It's a process that can't possibly be reviewed just after 3 months. But there are glimpses of what's to come.

Poch had a 5 year project. If supported, imo, Jose can help us exceed Poch's achievements in lesser time.

Finally, I'd love to know how Levy would vote!!. What are the targets/ambitions??... keep the bonuses rolling in with top-4?

I couldn't find any others ways to say are you 100% happy, other than the first two choices - I thought they were more than sufficient !

For the record, I voted for the second 100% option.

I tried to echo the feelingts/debate we had at the bar after the ManC game...

I went the second option. Happy but not 100% with Jose. I dont agree with him not playing Skipp instead of a crocked Ndombele or unfit Dier. I also think he could have given Parrott more minutes.

I am trying to guess the last ones word c***p ?

Cramp ? He might do the way he runs about in his tech area and up to the 4th official !!

Crimp ?....No , some of the players dont have enough hair !!

Creep ? Yeah...could be, he is a bit touchy feely with the players.

I wear my heart on my sleeve whilst posting on here sometimes ,which can be to my detriment and initially I was horrified when we appointed him but he is slowly winning me over.What I love about him is that he is not afraid to change players and tactics during a game,no matter how early,as Kiny pointed out. I will take the shite football we play for now, once we start developing a winning mentality I'm sure we will get back to our best.

I’m happy in general but it Is obvious that we need higher calibre players to make Jose’s tactics be truly effective.

I think we receive better analysis of our performances from him than we ever did from Poch, explaining the issues he is trying to deal with as he sees them without too much gobbledegook language although I did laugh when he said last night that in the first half it may have looked as if the situation was out of control, but it wasn’t....could have fooled me Jose.

i don’t think we will finish 4 th, or win the cup but I believe by the end of the season we will have a nucleus of a team that with perhaps 2 or 3 additions will be competitive again.

Wot Harry said
And I would add win dirty but win is vital at the moment..
Evolving to siky wins is the next stage
I've always been a Marmite fan.