Are Sheffield Managers all f u cking morons? | Vital Football

Are Sheffield Managers all f u cking morons?

seanbeanstattoo

Vital Football Hero
Dipsy Wilder. La La Upyerbottom and now Po faced Mooreon.

Every ones post match defeat interview.

Quote pig boss tonight...
Sheffield Wednesday manager Darren Moore:
"It was a game of small margins.

I mean FFS do they think fans don't listen to or read the sh it they come out with?

Heckingarsewipe asid the same 24 hours ago and the runaway coward trotted it out for mind numbingly boring month after f u c king month.

These ku n ts get paid obscene amounts of money to be f u c king useless!!!

To my knowledge there are two other jobs where you can repeatedly get away with absolute bull and still get paid handsomely

- weathermen- absolutely no accountability for anthing the say
-fund managers and financial advisers- no matter how bad the advice they still get a percentage of what's left of your money

From experience I would think fooball managers might be decent forecasters, they spend long enough staring skywards or directly at the ground whereas none of them should be trusted with a penny of anyone else's money- as we know to our cost.

To my knowledge there are two other jobs where you can repeatedly get away with absolute bull and still get paid handsomely

-fund managers and financial advisers- no matter how bad the advice they still get a percentage of what's left of your money

From experience I would think fooball managers might be decent forecasters, they spend long enough staring skywards or directly at the ground whereas none of them should be trusted with a penny of anyone else's money- as we know to our cost.

Think it depends on the interviewer...........ie asking the right questions and not settling for poor responses. Its all just a stitch up IMHO and quite often the interviewer gives the answer in the question anyway as its all so stage managed these days.

Definitely true re weathermen and fund managers though :LOL:

Most managers can give great interview's after winning games, I recall Wilder's interviews were compared to a message from God. Funny old game football.

Sorry pal, financial advisers are extremely highly regulated and are personally responsible for advice given.

Financial advisers are the only people in a stinking, disgusting hellhole of an industry that are on the peoples side.

Don't mix us ordinary guys that just want to give our clients advice with the banks, insurance companies and investment houses.

Sorry pal, financial advisers are extremely highly regulated and are personally responsible for advice given.

Financial advisers are the only people in a stinking, disgusting hellhole of an industry that are on the peoples side.

Don't mix us ordinary guys that just want to give our clients advice with the banks, insurance companies and investment houses.
Not calling FA's per se.
Just saying, as you will know, that you get your fees/percentage regardless of the performance of the investments made.

Not calling FA's per se.
Just saying, as you will know, that you get your fees/percentage regardless of the performance of the investments made.

A falling market doesn't mean an IFA isn't working hard for his clients. We're probably working harder actually.

I am of the opinion that investments never go down, they just have certain periods where there is poor performance.

But the only losers are those that cash in at the first sight of something going wrong.

Nobody can invest money in investments that can fluctuate on value unless they have a reasonable attitude to the many different types of investment risk.

A falling market doesn't mean an IFA isn't working hard for his clients. We're probably working harder actually.

I am of the opinion that investments never go down, they just have certain periods where there is poor performance.

But the only losers are those that cash in at the first sight of something going wrong.

Nobody can invest money in investments that can fluctuate on value unless they have a reasonable attitude to the many different types of investment risk.

Falling or rising you still get your fee/percentage -yes or no?

Your 2nd para, a bit of double speak, betrays your position MnM.:cool:

I am very well aware of the risk categories an investor is placd in, and the criteria used.

Having won a mis-selling case for a 6 figure sum please excuse me if I don't concur with your post.

Falling or rising you still get your fee/percentage -yes or no?

Your 2nd para, a bit of double speak, betrays your position MnM.:cool:

I am very well aware of the risk categories an investor is placd in, and the criteria used.

Having won a mis-selling case for a 6 figure sum please excuse me if I don't concur with your post.

Yes I do, and so I should. Falling markets are all a part of investing.

Research shows time and time again, that those that use an IFA fare better than those that don't, and the difference is VERY SIGNIFICANT.

Investments rise and fall, they HAVE TO,
It's the way they work, they can't work properly unless they rise and fall.

It's just that the 1% of the time they fall is what creates the media hysteria that leads to morons selling out and doing damage to themselves.

IFA's control their clients portfolios much better than the do it yourself investor. We also have access to investment funds and research that the go it alone investor doesn't have.

Limiting the damage caused by disasters such as covid is just as important in the whole scheme of things as making record breaking gains during the easy times.

I have not got one single client who has got less money in their portfolio than what they had last March.
Not one, I mean it, not one.

Nothing gives an IFA more pleasure than sharing clients future dreams with them, advising on the best way to get there, and then seeing it start to come true over the years. It's a wonderful feeling.

The smiles on the faces of my clients and their children and even grandchildren is a special feeling that a lawyer, accountant or bank manager will never know anything about.

They don't give a damn about any of their clients families, probably never even met them

I am very proud of what I do, and to be honest I don't charge anywhere close to what I should

Yes I do, and so I should. Falling markets are all a part of investing.

Research shows time and time again, that those that use an IFA fare better than those that don't, and the difference is VERY SIGNIFICANT.

Investments rise and fall, they HAVE TO,
It's the way they work, they can't work properly unless they rise and fall.

It's just that the 1% of the time they fall is what creates the media hysteria that leads to morons selling out and doing damage to themselves.

IFA's control their clients portfolios much better than the do it yourself investor. We also have access to investment funds and research that the go it alone investor doesn't have.

Limiting the damage caused by disasters such as covid is just as important in the whole scheme of things as making record breaking gains during the easy times.

I have not got one single client who has got less money in their portfolio than what they had last March.
Not one, I mean it, not one.

Nothing gives an IFA more pleasure than sharing clients future dreams with them, advising on the best way to get there, and then seeing it start to come true over the years. It's a wonderful feeling.

The smiles on the faces of my clients and their children and even grandchildren is a special feeling that a lawyer, accountant or bank manager will never know anything about.

They don't give a damn about any of their clients families, probably never even met them

I am very proud of what I do, and to be honest I don't charge anywhere close to what I should
I repeat, I am not decrying your profession MnM.
My OP statement that you get paid regardless of performance, has been answered in the affirmative by you. It was a throwaway point but , nevertheless, true

I have used an IFA for years with, as you would imagine, a change after the mis-selling issue which serves to highlight that, like so many other professions, there are good and bad.

It's great that you both enjoy and are proud of your profession and I undestand the joy and pleasure you get from making your clients happy. I used to experience similar but immediate feedback before I retired.

Funnily enough, when it wasn't going so well, I used to say that I wished I'd become a bank manager!