Are Americans Giants? | Vital Football

Are Americans Giants?

BodyButter

Vital Football Legend
I've been shopping for some Brooklyn 99 merchandise for my youngest. I was trying to see if I could get the right size for her but everything seems massive.

I figured something wasn't right so I measured one of my own t-shirts. It's 22" long and 17" across the chest. I'm a big guy. I'm 6 2" and 95kg. According to the size chart, the small would be too big for me.

Are Americans all giants?

Screenshot_20210924-232959_Chrome.jpg

Yep, they are all fat feckers.

In golf, all the US stuff is huge, and all the Asian stuff is tiny. You have to be very careful what size you buy.

For some reason, the Scandinavian stuff is also very snug.

I remember flying from LAX to SFO which is around 1hr 20mins. Some absolute fat fucker (American) who basically took up two seats proceeded to drink two 3 litre bottles of full fat coke, eat a giant bag of crisps alongside a burger. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

COVID has been a bigger problem over there due to how disproportionately obese Americans are.

The biggest thing I noticed when I went to the USA was the size of the meal portions. Their starters were generally bigger than any main course over here.

I've never been to the US, but a few friends told me what it's like.

Everything is huge, even tomatoes are huge. They put sugar in everything, even bread (he says)

Can confirm. Especially outside metropolitan areas. It's not unusual to see obese people in grocery stores with carts full of soda, potato chips, bags of candy, frozen pizza, etc. It's pretty depressing.

Don't worry, you managed to export it here, as well.

I also see a lot of fast food litter on the sides of the roads, when I'm cycling.

We really must thank you!!!

On a related note, I’m on holiday in a lovely sunny resort, and I always forget how tall the Dutch are, even the ladies all seem to be at least 5’10. I believe the Dutch are the tallest people in the world if I’m not mistaken.

On a related note, I’m on holiday in a lovely sunny resort, and I always forget how tall the Dutch are, even the ladies all seem to be at least 5’10. I believe the Dutch are the tallest people in the world if I’m not mistaken.
They are big bastards for sure

In regards American food portions, we're certainly catching up.

I first went to America when I was about 12. At that point it was definitely correct that a small (individual) pizza over there was the same size as a UK large family pizza.

I've been to America 7 or 8 times over the years and as time has gone on I'd say American sizes have stayed pretty much the same and sadly we've caught up.

Last time I went I didn't notice that much difference in the food portions, but that only shows how bad things have got here.

One thing about the US is the amount of buffet style restaurants. I'm not sure if it's just in tourist hotpots or in general but they seem to be everywhere, always full and always full of really obese people eating a week's worth of calories in a meal. It's horrendous

I remember flying from LAX to SFO which is around 1hr 20mins. Some absolute fat fucker (American) who basically took up two seats proceeded to drink two 3 litre bottles of full fat coke, eat a giant bag of crisps alongside a burger. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

COVID has been a bigger problem over there due to how disproportionately obese Americans are.

Anyone who uses the term full fat coke deserves impalement on a spike.