applying for jobs - n/g | Vital Football

applying for jobs - n/g

wxgill

Vital 1st Team Regular
I was looking at a job today and they wanted to know my enitre working history. Addresses, managers names, dates etc.

Why would a job i did over 33 years ago be relevant now?

Seems very odd to me.

I was looking at a job today and they wanted to know my enitre working history. Addresses, managers names, dates etc.

Seems very odd to me.

Does seem strange. Normally only need full details of recent jobs and maybe any previous job that was particularly relevant to the one your applying.

But back in the mists of time, I think employees only want to see a pretty continuous employment history so normally only want company, job title and years there. No point knowing a managers name from 30 years ago. They won’t be asking for a reference. Doubt I’d remember mine.

Seems very odd to me.
If your interview is not going well or you feel it's a lost cause , when they ask you if you have any questions say "yes, what zodiac sign are you? I need to know because there are one or two I couldn't possibly work with".

Back in the day a lady I was interviewing asked me this very question! I asked which star signs she couldn't work with and she said Taurus and Aries to which I replied that it was a shame because I was Aries.

Might be quite amusing. You might have Woolworths, HMV, Safeway, Blockbuster as your previous employers - and the chances are that the person interviewing you wouldn’t even know who those companies are.

Sounds like a company overrun with bureaucracy whilst trying to 'derisk' everything.

That or you're applying for the secret services.

It's a test of your creativity and powers of invention Go for it. As others have suggested there are companies long dead to aid the narrative.

Might be quite amusing. You might have Woolworths, HMV, Safeway, Blockbuster as your previous employers - and the chances are that the person interviewing you wouldn’t even know who those companies are.
I worked for Safeway (when they were American, happy days) and most people I mention it to have never heard of them 🙄