Appleton's First Press Conference | Page 4 | Vital Football

Appleton's First Press Conference

Penny for them?
Mmmmm. I could have been at Lincoln now where I was hero worshipped along with the boys.
With the Cathedral, Castle, Steep Hill cafes, Brayford's chilled out eating areas, Saturday farmers market and quality road surfaces.
But instead I'm stuck in the frozen North, in this potholed sh*thole, with a centre full of charity shops, betting shops and grotty take-aways. And when will it stop bloody raining. Oh well.

End of last season once promotion was won the management couldn`t get the players motivated.(this comes direct from someone very high up)

Maybe motivation has also been a problem of late?
I feel a breathe of fresh air has arrived and the constant speculation that we all encountered in the press most certainly has had an effect on the players and their performances.

Yes towards the end it’s probably understandable the previous managers could only get themselves to believe the impossible so many times before they needed to see a new set of people to sell the dream to
Evolution end of
Uti

Mmmmm. I could have been at Lincoln now where I was hero worshipped along with the boys.
With the Cathedral, Castle, Steep Hill cafes, Brayford's chilled out eating areas, Saturday farmers market and quality road surfaces.
But instead I'm stuck in the frozen North, in this potholed sh*thole, with a centre full of charity shops, betting shops and grotty take-aways. And when will it stop bloody raining. Oh well.

"I used to walk out at the end of 90 minutes - win, lose or draw - and they'd sing my name. I was a hero. I remember winning. Oh well, at least the wife is happy. I think."