Appleton's First Press Conference | Page 3 | Vital Football

Appleton's First Press Conference

Yep, although DC's wider point was the amount of games at the beginning of the season, which was something he was consistent in his views on in all his time here.

Yep, although DC's wider point was the amount of games at the beginning of the season, which was something he was consistent in his views on in all his time here.

Moving clubs does not change that. Okay, maybe one extra game from the checkatrade, but that is not the reason to leave a club. That's an excuse.

Things did seem to turn bad towards the end of last season, with our promotion achieved. Perhaps DC/NC were impatient to make their name, expecting more budget to accelerate through to the Championship. When they did not get it, and concerned they were not going to assemble the squad that they wanted, they simply looked for offers from a team already up there and jumped. MA does seem to have a more sensible (and sustainable) outlook for the Club, that is more aligned to Clive’s and the Board’s vision. But it’s all supposition and time will tell. Hope we can enjoy the ride.

Enjoyed it and has probably given us all a realism of where we are. Refreshing to acknowledge the challenge and to make us harder to beat.

In the end I felt Cowley was always pointing the finger about the amount of games, our lack of resource and it started to drain everyone, but most of all himself. Which was totally out of character when he first arrived.
If it was draining winning two leagues and thr Trophy in 3 years, then I cant imagine how he feels about trying to save Huddersfield from relegation. The grass isn't always greener.

Moving clubs does not change that. Okay, maybe one extra game from the checkatrade, but that is not the reason to leave a club. That's an excuse.
Eh? Who's said that's the reason he left the Club? Of course it isn't.

The season is front loaded for everyone, a point DC made when discussing fixtures here and it's a valid point. There are always too many games in August.

Eh? Who's said that's the reason he left the Club? Of course it isn't.

The season is front loaded for everyone, a point DC made when discussing fixtures here and it's a valid point. There are always too many games in August.

Oh okay, apologies - got my late night discussions mixed up!

Things did seem to turn bad towards the end of last season, with our promotion achieved. Perhaps DC/NC were impatient to make their name, expecting more budget to accelerate through to the Championship. When they did not get it, and concerned they were not going to assemble the squad that they wanted, they simply looked for offers from a team already up there and jumped. MA does seem to have a more sensible (and sustainable) outlook for the Club, that is more aligned to Clive’s and the Board’s vision. But it’s all supposition and time will tell. Hope we can enjoy the ride.
End of last season once promotion was won the management couldn`t get the players motivated.(this comes direct from someone very high up)

Maybe motivation has also been a problem of late?
I feel a breathe of fresh air has arrived and the constant speculation that we all encountered in the press most certainly has had an effect on the players and their performances.

Last edited:
No I did not. It's there. He says it. I think it's fine - others might not.

He didn't say he will get us to the Championship he said that in the 3+ years he has he can 'hopefully' get us to the Championship.
Slight difference but he is here to progress the club and in doing that his own credentials so you really wouldn't expect him to say any different on his first day at the office.

He didn't say he will get us to the Championship he said that in the 3+ years he has he can 'hopefully' get us to the Championship.
Slight difference but he is here to progress the club and in doing that his own credentials so you really wouldn't expect him to say any different on his first day at the office.

Like I say. And I'm more than happy with it.

End of last season once promotion was won the management couldn`t get the players motivated.(this comes direct from someone very high up)

Maybe motivation has also been a problem of late?
I feel a breathe of fresh air has arrived and the constant speculation that we all encountered in the press most certainly has had an effect on the players and their performances.

Got you a new image for you devon, less Oxford, more Imps.

mapp.jpg

Ta for that,will load it once he gets his first victory.

Spent the morning scouring the net for decent shots of the Huddersfield dugout taken at 90 minutes after a defeat,as of yet none up to standard.(clarity poor)

well this one was taken after the final whistle...

c.jpg