Appleton's First Press Conference | Page 2 | Vital Football

Appleton's First Press Conference

Enjoyed that presser, thought he spoke a lot of sense. I’m also pleased he used the word “stability” perhaps that was what we should have been aiming for. “Get a feel for it know what it’s about”

He also said we have been ‘Chasing the game too quickly’.
We have let in an early goal in quite a few games.
Five clean sheets, five wins, but we didn’t score early in any of them.

In the Leicester press conference he stresses the importance of scoring the first goal in games.
Especially when playing a counter attacking team. Or a team desperate for points. There are lots in this league.

He came across very well with an assurance of being more than aware of we’ve a lot of work to do but it’ll happen
Can only imagine the players will have an understanding very quickly that this ain’t gona be easy and it might not be everyone’s cup of tea
We look to be in very good hands
Uti

He came across very well with an assurance of being more than aware of we’ve a lot of work to do but it’ll happen
Can only imagine the players will have an understanding very quickly that this ain’t gona be easy and it might not be everyone’s cup of tea
We look to be in very good hands
Uti

certainly not a bluffer,.......................none of this will phase him.

For the players this is going to shake the whole status quo.

For the fans,an interesting period and a new vision tactically.

Good stuff, talked a lot of sense. He's determined, driven (took his Master's when managing Oxford successfully) ,humble , a sense of humour. I liked how he says he likes being on the grass (the surface not smoking it). Sounds like he's got a nice big book of contacts.
He's won me over. Bring on Blackpool !

There was a bit on Look North (mainly about how hard to follow in the footsteps of you know who) where Peter Levy introduced it by saying MA had experience of dealing with mental health issues which should help him be manager of LCFC.
I understood what he meant, but I think he could have phrased it slightly better!

I was quite impressed by that. Spoke very well, yet appears quite self-deprecating for someone who has a master's degree. Sounds level-headed, made no wild promises about promotion or anything else.
Replying to my own message...contrast MA's measured responses with that of Dino Maamria, who reckons Oldham can be in the Championship in three years. Sacked by Christmas?

Replying to my own message...contrast MA's measured responses with that of Dino Maamria, who reckons Oldham can be in the Championship in three years. Sacked by Christmas?

Appleton actually did say he could get Lincoln in the championship in 4 years. Or did I dream that part?

Measured first conference and also sets out what we can expect from him as manager.

Thought he sounded a little nervous to be honest and, again, he has said he is a coach as much as a manager. That is going to take time to get used to as a change in approach. I don't think we will get any rants about water tanks and sprinklers but I don't get the impression he will be that involved with that overall approach to management we have had.

More than happy with what I saw and looking forward to the next 40 or so games

Maamira is an utter prick, some of the total crap he came out with while Stevenage manager was bloody hilarious.
Bloody bullshit merchant

Enjoyed it and has probably given us all a realism of where we are. Refreshing to acknowledge the challenge and to make us harder to beat.

In the end I felt Cowley was always pointing the finger about the amount of games, our lack of resource and it started to drain everyone, but most of all himself. Which was totally out of character when he first arrived.

Enjoyed it and has probably given us all a realism of where we are. Refreshing to acknowledge the challenge and to make us harder to beat.

We're in for some 0-0 action between now and Christmas I think. If that's what we have to do to get it back on track, I'm more than happy.
In the end I felt Cowley was always pointing the finger about the amount of games, our lack of resource and it started to drain everyone, but most of all himself. Which was totally out of character when he first arrived.

Yep at the end he was just fed up and wanted to leave. I don't see why he had to lie about his intentions in the way that he did, however.

what was also a nice contrast, was that appleton actually welcomed more cup games, and gave a valid reason why players would prefer to play a game on a tuesday, rather than train on a tuesday. i liked the 'bring it on' attitude. whereas cowley, by telling everyone that 6 games in 10 days was tiring, or whatever it always was... actually gave the players an excuse.

wasn't it warnock that said players will use any excuse they can think of (or is offered to them on a plate in this case), rather than blame themselves for mistakes/bad performances etc.

Although DC also welcomed cup games in his previous seasons and said along similar lines as MA today.