App development | Vital Football

App development

Stephen Jay Hawkings

Vital Football Legend
Anyone here have any experience of making apps or using Android Studio? Making an app is a part of my college course.

Need to figure out how to do something, so even though it's a long shot I said I'd ask here to see if someone works/worked in that area.

I've posted the question on a few app forums too,

It's kind of fun putting it together BB, I like the creative side and making the screens etc., but doing the java to make it actually work is another story.

I'm regretting not coming up with a simpler idea now.

Initially, it was an app to provide details of all available public transport to your location via GPS. It's not a hugely complicated or original idea, and although my teacher liked it, she suggested I should simplify it down as it would be too hard overall to get working.

It's now simply train and bus routes for one journey there and back. When you select your option, let's say train, I wanted a screen showing the next train to the location according to real time. It's this part I have no idea how to do, and I've been left to figure it out myself, despite only learning how apps work over the last 2 and a half months!

I keep meaning to learn app development, but so far haven't got around to it. Haven't got a clue, mate!!!!

I hope you find this helpful. :59: :59: :59:

lol cheers Heath, I'll take that on board!

Have you ever used Android Studio? It's a beast of a thing to run, but that's where the magic happens. Also you can do free courses on Udacity, that's pretty much what we did in class, just go through the android development course.