Apologies for any inappropriate language.... | Vital Football

Apologies for any inappropriate language....

cocopops

Vital Youth Team
Is anyone else getting red up of hearing Sky apologise every time that you hear the odd swear word caught by a commentators mike when reporting from a game,it's seems to be getting more and more regular by the season,I love to hear the odd "Get the f#@ker up field" or "You blind c#@t ref" when watching a game,you hear it all the time when visiting a ground and have always have done so why do they think that we need to be apologized to,it's becoming more irritating than the 'crime',Its a good job that they don't sit near me when we are losing yet again and I'm giving advice to the lazy b#@tards

It's part of sports in general. I think it's better if they just ignore it, but it's handled the same here in the States. IMO is just makes it worse, as half the people never notice it until it's pointed out to them.

I totally agree cocopops, i was listening to 606 last night and one guy said something like "the manager told the player to F-off" (he didn't say fuck) the guy who was talking to him then said he apologises to anyone who may have found the language inappropriate, its a fucking football phone in do they think no one swears in the stands when kids are about.
mad0235.gif

Sky did it again in the Everton game,some might argue that it's to protect kids but as soon as they get into the school playground they hear the same kind of thing and aren't as innocent as they lead us believe and if they visit a football ground it will be going for 90mins all around them

Going off on a tangent, slightly, and with apologies to BE, but why do Sky try and force American football and now their basketball down our throats? I pay good money for Sky and I’m not interested. And why do the Americans call it football when it’s more akin to rugby in armour, except they when they say touchdown they don’t even ground the ball. Makes no sense.
Rant over.
:arrghh:

At a time when most sports were played on horseback, the term "football" was originally used to describe games that were played on foot (not a game in which you kick a ball with your foot). This includes soccer, rugby and American football. "Football" as the rest of the world knows it (or "soccer" in the U.S.) was originally known as Association Football, which became "soccer" for short before being widely known as just "football." American football is more an evolution of rugby football or Aussie rules football, which emerged around the same time as Association football. The term "soccer" stuck in the U.S. while in Europe and other parts just "football" became more popular than "soccer." So when people say it's weird that the U.S. calls it "soccer," they only do so because the term was invented in Europe, and was the original term for the sport before it became just "football". In short, American football is known as such because of it's similarity to rugby football.

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Americ...s-most-of-the-sport-involves-using-your-hands

To go off to another tangent, football, or footy, in the east coast states of Australia depends where you are.....
Victoria Australian Rules
New South Wales and Queensland rugby league.
Although Australian rules are expanding in rugby league territory, and are regarded as a very creditable threat by rugby league media.

Going off on a tangent, slightly, and with apologies to BE, but why do Sky try and force American football and now their basketball down our throats? I pay good money for Sky and I’m not interested. And why do the Americans call it football when it’s more akin to rugby in armour, except they when they say touchdown they don’t even ground the ball. Makes no sense.
Rant over.

Suspect they're doing it as they've lost Spanish and Dutch football.
More coverage now of the Championship, plus the rare coverage of Scottish football.
I have coverage to all Sky Sports channels (excluding Mix, and News is a separate sub) via my broadband provider. I'd quite happily lose the golf and F1 channels if I could as I've no interest in those sports.

Rant over.
"Soccer" was forced down our throats for 30 years and no one cared. Then NBC did a proper job with the Prem, and now we're footie crazy. Don't be a hater. Rising.:cool:s-l640.jpg

Suspect they're doing it as they've lost Spanish and Dutch football.
More coverage now of the Championship, plus the rare coverage of Scottish football.
I have coverage to all Sky Sports channels (excluding Mix, and News is a separate sub) via my broadband provider. I'd quite happily lose the golf and F1 channels if I could as I've no interest in those sports.
I have it all, including Mix. I’m very sports-minded and I follow all sports with the only exceptions of boxing, F1 (paint-drying is more watchable) and all American-derivatives. Love my golf and cricket (all forms, but love test cricket), and equestrian/racing. (Can’t abide athletics and tennis come to think of it).

I have it all, including Mix. I’m very sports-minded and I follow all sports with the only exceptions of boxing, F1 (paint-drying is more watchable) and all American-derivatives. Love my golf and cricket (all forms, but love test cricket), and equestrian/racing. (Can’t abide athletics and tennis come to think of it).
You watch equestrian/racing, cricket , and golf and complain about American football? Talk about watching paint dry!:rotfl::cool:

Last edited: