Anyone Watching.... | Vital Football

Anyone Watching....

Bruce68

Vital Football Hero
Oliver stones Untold history on Sky Atlantic, tries to give an unbiased i.e. none American slant on history, the first two were quite good but i would say he will be disowned back in the US of A as he dared to suggest that the Russians won the 2nd world war and not the yanks.

The weather changed the course of the war Bruce imho. The efforts to try and get to Moscow in those conditions cost the Germans irreparable damage and at the time we were on our knees when Churchill went to America for aid.

Agree with that mac but the Russians sacrificed millions in order to defeat the nazis and the point Stone makes is that in the west we tend to forget that and over state the contribution made by the Americans.

It would be unfair on many countries if he said the USSR won the war. They were part of the allies who won it. I know this could go on for ages but I'd reword that last bit bruce and say stalin sacrificed millions of russians to defeat the germans.

how about "Murdered" millions of Russians?
Sycho disowned his own son once he was in German hands.he was a disease ridden rat with issues not unlike Hitler.

Perhaps i worded this wrong, the point stone makes is that the Russian sacrifice in WW2 is often underplayed by the western allies, and of course Stalin sacrificed millions of lives to win the war, without Zhukov it would have been even more and he rewarded him by sending him to exile.

he killed an estimated 5 million with his orchestrated Ukranian famine back in 1932.even the Aral sea knew something was up and fecked off.

I agree more people should know about the russian side to the war but there is so much we dont hear about. As bob says the famine was a sign of the things to come with him.

No one suffered like the Russians in that war, nobody. Millions of civilians as well, poverty stricken and starving, eating rats to survive. People say that these new wealthy Russians are arrogant, horrible people, maybe their suffering over several decades goes some way to explaining that.

The wealthy didn't suffer and never have.
that's why they are alive today and wealthy,they are a cancerous growth that feed of the weaker of the species.
Yeltsin gave the mineral wealth of Russia to his friends and favoured few.

Love discussing the variances of history with people that have read and formed opinions of the topic.Can't be arsed with those that haven't read though.
Learning should never stop until you take your last breath.

BLACKBOB - 3/5/2013 22:25

The wealthy didn't suffer and never have.
that's why they are alive today and wealthy,they are a cancerous growth that feed of the weaker of the species.
Yeltsin gave the mineral wealth of Russia to his friends and favoured few.

I'm talking about new wealth, generally created since the fall of communism by ruthless capitalists who came from very poor backgrounds. They tend not to give a fuck about other people and history goes some way to explaining that.

there's wealth and there is plunder.
How many of the wealthy Russian's now owning vast amounts of the UK ate dead rats?
It's a money tree that sheds it's leaves every time there is unrest in the homeland concerned.pack it up and ship it out until the waters calm.

BLACKBOB - 3/5/2013 23:53

there's wealth and there is plunder.
How many of the wealthy Russian's now owning vast amounts of the UK ate dead rats?
It's a money tree that sheds it's leaves every time there is unrest in the homeland concerned.pack it up and ship it out until the waters calm.

When did I say the wealthy ate dead rats Bob? I'm talking about the deprived history going some way to explaining how the modern wealthy in Russia, essentially from very poor family backgrounds, have this fuck you attitude today.

I would say the Polish suffered pretty badly too. They got invaded from both sides and met in the middle

true, they also fought for us in the battle of britain and we banned them from the victory march.