Anyone want another Vote re;Europe? | Vital Football

Anyone want another Vote re;Europe?

Rod Currie

Vital Football Legend
Yes or No? I'm sick of hearin abart twottin Brexit.I dunt want another vote,we had one and the country voted out,just get on wi it for goodness sake.UTCB

If you could write a checklist for how to completely balls up a political issue then this is it.

Cameron calls out his critics by giving a vote so the Tories can show they can defend the right wing from UKIP.

The Remain and Leave campaigns are filled with a heady mixture of fantasy and fear, total bollocks and lies. Large sections of the population that have become disenfranchised by austerity and falling living standards, polarised on immigration decide to say up yours Cameron and vote to leave.

Everyone who could remotely be tarred with being responsible for the outcome one way or the other, retires, resigns, or moves to China. Notable cowards are Boris Johnson and the swivel eyed Nigel Farage. Cameron, and his soul-less Chancellor George Osbourne having instigated the biggest balls up in UK political history, do the decent thing and resign to a life of lucrative lecture tours and feather-bedded non-exec directorships.

The establishment, slack jawed at the loss, and the stupidity of British people not to vote the way they were told, determine to frustrate the entire process, a low light of which is John Major and Tony Blair crying about the tyranny of the majority, (or 'democracy' as its also known...).

So Theresa May is handed the shitty end of the stick to replace Cameron, and amusingly calls a general election to give her a clear mandate on Brexit, a plan only spoiled when her lacklustre campaign results in her almost losing, and having to buy the votes of the DUP for £1bn to keep her in power.

And since then, the process of negotiation is being carried out by people who have no interest in it succeeding, and as the whole thing about Brexit was never really thought through anyway, what it actually means can be anything from waving a cheery bye to Europe to not leaving at all. There have been a succession of plans and negotiating positions, each one worse than the previous half-arsed idea they got in the pub. Finally May gets a concensus of all parties with her Chequers Plan. No-one think it will work.

It must be clear to everyone now that whichever way you voted originally, we should just call a halt to this incredible mess. Brexit as it is going to happen is a pale shadow of what people voted for and will leave us weaker than where we are. We've spent billions on this 24 carat arseburger already, so I suppose whats the problem in having more votes at enormous public expense to try and get the right result this time.

So in a word. Yes, or maybe no.

Last edited:
I voted Leave to piss on Cameron and Osborne,then the spinless gits abandoned ship like a pair of rats.

I would prefer another General Election,if that is not forth coming then a peoples vote will do.

Sick to the back teeth of it tbh but more sick of people whinging about having another vote cos they dint like the result of the first one

Bang r8 Bully,i voted to stay in but not wi any conviction.I'm just sick of hearin the same crap everytime ya put news on.Pops i'm glad i asked yes or no and dint ask for a pissin detailed answer mi owd pal.:LOL: UTCB