Anyone camp? | Vital Football

Anyone camp?

Bikini Inspector

Vital Football Hero
Thinking of going camping this summer. What are the rules? Can you just pitch your tent up in the woods or do you have to be on an official campsite?

I am thinking of going somewhere in wales, if anyone can direct me to a nice spot where you can camp and go "hiking" or whatever i would appreciate it.

I'm not interested in gay camp sites or dogging, so keep those to yourselves. Cheers. :14:

I always assumed it was a free for all. There are rules on lighting fires in forests but otherwise I think it's just don't be a dick.

Most farmers will let you camp in their fields if you ask them.

There are loads of campsites with showers and bogs and picnic tables etc... for a small charge. Especially around Snowdon and the Elan Valley which are nice areas for 'hiking.'

Cheers, may well go for a camp site actually if they supply washing facilities.

Just checked out Elan Valley, that is exactly what i was looking for mate, Cheers for that as i had never heard of the place. Looks good.

Eww no camping is not for me. I need to have all my women's stuff with me. Enjoy anyway

go quite a bit and most farmers dont even bother you as long as you obey the number one rule ... leave the place as you found it.

might squeeze in a trip to elan valley and piss in a bit of brummie water lol

Bikini dude pitch up in Barnmouth in Wales man, its on the coast but by god its brilliant the beach is massive and shallow sea, plus when me and the misses last went there a few years back there was loads of woman shagging and screaming out all night, lol i luv'd it tbh lol its not shady but i wouldn't go there now i have kids ;)

Haha might give that a try clive. Take my camcorder and make a bluey.

Don't why i assumed there were rules as to where you can camp. I suppose as long as you don't get in anyones way nobody cares.

LOL Bikini dude the woman was howling like a wolf allnight, and what made it more funny for me was there is a cliff circling the campsite which made the howls echo lol, one bloke came over to our tent and said fancy watching my misses, my mouth hit the floor and i said ''soz mate im tired gotta be up early in the morning'' LOL i couldn't think of nothing else to say, it was mental lol

Me and the misses up unitl we had the kids come along camped all over wales, there is great places but the best are the ones you seem to stumble across and just pitch up in, one of my fave's was near the ''Devils Bridge'' its called in wales its stunning and beautiful,

Haha, this is what i'm worried about with camp sites. Don't want to end up in some dodgy dogging situation lol.

Definitely want to start getting out in nature more. Love the idea of strolling about in one of those places then just pitching up at night. Wales is nearby too, just looking at devils bridge now. Looks amazing.

As a kid all my holidays were spent camping all around England.I had some fantastic times,but that was back in the 70`s, Years ago we used to go to Llangwryll in Wales.We went there up until about 8ish years ago.I suggest (if Sir Dennis doesn`t mind)that you ask SirDennis as he still has a caravan there.So if you want up to date info,he`s the man.
I used to drive to Le Cap d`Agde in the south of France camping.We did that for 6 years.It was absolutely fantastic.Shit hot and a lovely place.

If you want walking rather than beach side, try the Brecon Beacons, unbelievable scenary. There is a route (I think the whole thing is about 16m in total) where it takes you to 7 waterfalls, some little some big, just spectacular. Loads of campsites around Brecon, and its a lovely town with lovely pubs to boot.

Also , similar area, I have been to Vegas, Grand Canyon, San Fran, Sahara Desert, Sierra Nevada and many other places, and I can honestly tell you this - the Elan Valley beats them all hands down. It is unbelievable.

Rahyder is nice (brecon is nicer though) , loads of sites, a lovely one right on the river which is quite cheap and you can walk forever and you just will be blown away with the views.

As for pitching anywhere, I wouldn't recommend it, a I dont think it is legal, and b, even if you got away with it, where are you gonna go the loo, or get water etc..

This is where I am so lucky , I live where most others come on holiday. After growing up on a council estate in Brum, I just can't believe my luck to be honest

I've camped in the Brecon beacons, absolutely stunning place, and the low flying practicing fighter jets keep you on your toes! lol

That said, having read Clive's post I'm eyeballing a camping trip to Barmouth!!!

My parents have a static van in Powys, and my brother has one at borth, so I know all round there quite well. I'm no Michael Palin but I've travelled a fair bit, states, India, Thailand, Dubai and loads of Europe and I honestly don't think I've been anywhere that beats Wales for lush views, fresh air and freedom to explore.

Which is one of the reasons I live here : ) A stones throw from Snowdon, stunning scenery, peace and tranquillity, an excellent local gym and no shortage of camp sites, plus Barmouth is not far away for a dirty night out (Caernarfon and Bangor are closer, real classy ladies ; ) you are spoiled for choice chap.

If free camping, be well out of the way, or ask the farmer, they do take exception : )

My job used to take me to Swansea a lot and I always stayed on Mumbles. But I always tried to avoid the motorways and go heads of the valleys. I think Wales is a fantastsic country, people always go on about Switzerland etc, but with the right weather and thats the key, there is no where better than Wales. It has all you could want great beaches, great country and great people. Here ends my promotion on behalf of the Wales Tourist Board.

Saundersfoot and Tenby , Manorbier , Wisemans Bridge, Amroth

All fab. No idea about camping as I never do it.