Anyone. But. Liverpool.... | Page 40 | Vital Football

Anyone. But. Liverpool....

The season will be cancelled, what other option is there?

If the season resumes in early April, which looks extremely doubtful, it will not conclude until mid June.

Euro 20 getting put back a year restricts the amount of time the start of next season can get put back.

There will not be the time to finish the league.

You can forget any fanciful ideas floated by those loons at Talksport, because that would lead to legal action which would tie the leagues up for months.

Look what is happening with the Wednesday case: the league want it all sorted by the end of March but Wednesdays legal team are running rings round them.

Brady has called for the season to be cancelled...

Worrying that Wet Spam & LiVARpool probably want the season over given the media love in about them & their fans who despite their obvious failings are seen as working class warrior poets. The FA probably care more about the media than doing what’s right.

The season will be cancelled, what other option is there?

If the season resumes in early April, which looks extremely doubtful, it will not conclude until mid June.

Euro 20 getting put back a year restricts the amount of time the start of next season can get put back.

There will not be the time to finish the league.

You can forget any fanciful ideas floated by those loons at Talksport, because that would lead to legal action which would tie the leagues up for months.

Look what is happening with the Wednesday case: the league want it all sorted by the end of March but Wednesdays legal team are running rings round them.
One idea floated on the radio today was for the season to continue to November if it has to; then a month off and 2020-21 is a short season where every team plays each other once.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51889682
Suggests awarding the title to Liverpool.
No prem relegation.
Bring up to two from championship

Next season 4 go down from the prem and, again, only two come up from the champ.

This would not be a good outcome for us!

I don't care how far ahead they are i'll be proper pissed off if they get awarded the title without actually clinching it.

That would create financial armageddon for most of the clubs outside of the PL and some of the sides in the PL
Well perhaps those lovely, philanthropic clubs in the PL might like to share a year's income in solidarity payments to the rest of the EFL?

Or, more likely, they start questioning again whether there needs to be more than 20 clubs at all

Well perhaps those lovely, philanthropic clubs in the PL might like to share a year's income in solidarity payments to the rest of the EFL?

Or, more likely, they start questioning again whether there needs to be more than 20 clubs at all

Most of the money you expect them to share will have been committed already.

I ust can't see any other way out of this

Most of the money you expect them to share will have been committed already.

I ust can't see any other way out of this
True, but clubs will still manage to spend about £60m+ each in the transfer market on average.

Let the owners fund the wages and losses rather than the transfers.

I know that's a total fantasy world.

But at the same time, whatever solution is come to will be totally unprecedented no matter what it is.

We are watching the world fall apart in front of us.

Not permanently I wouldn't have thought, but certainly for the next few months or rest of this year.

True, but clubs will still manage to spend about £60m+ each in the transfer market on average.

Let the owners fund the wages and losses rather than the transfers.

I know that's a total fantasy world.

But at the same time, whatever solution is come to will be totally unprecedented no matter what it is.

We are watching the world fall apart in front of us.

Not permanently I wouldn't have thought, but certainly for the next few months or rest of this year.
I thought Wayne Rooney's take on it in The Times was spot on. He's gone up a bit in my estimation. Boris's lack of action has put a lot of Brits in danger. It looks a bit like they are now being shamed into action. You get what you vote for I guess.

Would it not be possible to call it season 2019/2021 and play everyone four times continuing from where it ended to start in August where we left off? Finish the FA cup,Champions League and Europa League and play no other club competitions.

Gutting for the Forest women's team; they have been having as a good a season as the men's.

Precedent is set.

We all know this is inevitable.

Season will be voided, but Liverpool will be awarded the title "honourarily". The whole country's media will ejaculate over what a great decision that is; commiserations to Leeds and whatever that other club near the top of whatever they call division 2 now is, but this is the right result. Something like that.

Gutting for the Forest women's team; they have been having as a good a season as the men's.

Precedent is set.

We all know this is inevitable.

Season will be voided, but Liverpool will be awarded the title "honourarily". The whole country's media will ejaculate over what a great decision that is; commiserations to Leeds and whatever that other club near the top of whatever they call division 2 now is, but this is the right result. Something like that.

Cricket is considering this:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/mar/26/ecb-steve-elworthy-cricket-coronavirus