Anya?? | Vital Football

Anya??

ramAnag

Vital Reserves Team
I must be missing something with this situation. Apparently he’s fit and training with the U23’s. Others have suggested previously that he’s negotiated his own ‘pay as you play’ deal but the DT reports tonight that he’s contracted to us until 2020.
A fit Anya is a rare but useful thing imo. He’s quick, versatile and intelligent...so why don’t we use him?

RA think you have answered your own question. Pay as you play and I've been told Watford are owed big money after he's played 40 games Think we're going to have to pay him off

If that's true Mista, something needs to be done about this type of trade. A potentially gifted player has his career put on hold because a club cannot pay appearance money. Not saying Anya is God's Gift but, setting aside the clubs interests, the player's career, future and well being is being screwed by a bum transfer deal.

Except that he allegedly negotiates his own deals and doesn’t have an agent and has only made 20 appearances for us in all competitions.

There is a rumour that keeps popping its head over the parapet every few weeks about him doing a JR and going off to the MLS.

Perhaps he's... just not good enough?
Don't think it's that Adi just to expensive Remember when Rowett came in bragging how easy was to shift players out Didn't do a very good job on Anya did he we never saw him for months the Rowett picks him for the most important match of the season The second leg of the playoffs at Fulham You couldn't make it up well you could because he dropped Vydra

You’re right ‘Amster. I misinterpreted another source...my mistake.
Still don’t get it. If he’s ‘pay as you play’ how come he’s not impoverished and how come the DT talks about a contract till 2020?

August 2016, he signed a 4 year contract when he moved from Watford. 16 + 4 is 20.....................

You’re right ‘Amster. I misinterpreted another source...my mistake.
Still don’t get it. If he’s ‘pay as you play’ how come he’s not impoverished and how come the DT talks about a contract till 2020?
RA Think we have Mr Rush to thank obviously Anya was clever enough to get him to agree a basic wage plus a large appearance fee..

700k for a new again 100% fit Thorne would be a bargain - but the trouble is that there are no guarantees that he wouldn't break down again. I would be inclined to try him out for 6 of those games before making the decision

£700k isn't bad at all if he comes back strong. He's gotta be ahead of Butterfield & Johnson, Huddleston won't go on forever, leaving Evans as our long term hope.

Can't see him getting into the side any time soon without significant injuries to others though. Maybe we should sell?

Heard yesterday WBA are due £700,000 if Thorne plays five more games so he will be going

Had a look at GTs Wiki. He has 57 appearances for us so far. 5 more would be 62. A weird number to trigger the next add on payment.......

£700k isn't bad at all if he comes back strong. He's gotta be ahead of Butterfield & Johnson, Huddleston won't go on forever, leaving Evans as our long term hope.

Can't see him getting into the side any time soon without significant injuries to others though. Maybe we should sell?
t

Yes Adi your right it's a snip I've seen quite a bit of him lately imo he's as good as anyone we have in midfield and better than a couple of them Would be a mistake to let him go at least five him one more year I've seen Evans twice and I know he's coming back from injury but he doesn't fill me confidence he can be the answer to DFM hope I'm wrong

If that's true Mista, something needs to be done about this type of trade. A potentially gifted player has his career put on hold because a club cannot pay appearance money. Not saying Anya is God's Gift but, setting aside the clubs interests, the player's career, future and well being is being screwed by a bum transfer deal.
It is typical of the Derby way, don't know who negotiates these deals but they need to get their act together, especially as it looks like we know need to loan out yet another player to avoid paying him, or his parent club money. The terms we seem to get from other clubs stinks, does it have something to do with Rush and the Court case? Something very wrong with many deals we have done over the last five years or so.

Might have something to do with Rush and deals that were done during his regime, but the Court case is done isn’t it?

Latest Rams News