Any Plasterers on Vital? | Vital Football

Any Plasterers on Vital?

No. Hope that helps.

Rather more helpfully I know a couple of decent ones if you need their number just pm me mate.

Thank you Mr F.

Nah, dont need one, ive got a lot of DIY that needs doing and considering an intensive plastering course so i can do it myself, then got to thinking if i paid a bit extra i could get qualified and do a bit on the side, just wondering what the demand is like and whether its worth my time.

Yeah I kinda guessed that, always good to learn an extra trade and for the sake of a grand or so to get a qualification, might be worth thinking about.

I mean, its only the same as putting icing on a cake right? ;)

Not an easy skill, tried it a couple of times when I was buying/selling houses for a laugh. Well, made the plasterers laugh anyway.

Good skill to acquire I'd have thought but no idea re: demand.

Demand? A friend of ours has given up their plastering business. Building trade is always the first to suffer when money is tight and plastering specialized. Not many areas you can adjust to with plastering.

Always be plumbers needed because of heating etc.

Get the qualification but do it as an extra money job. Not as your main income. Ex and hub in the building trade. That's what they say. Joinery is the same and brickieing when money is tight people will put the non essential jobs off that involve these

Ha, thanks for that.

i have no intention of giving up the day job, no fear of that!

Just thought if im going to spend 5 days on an intensive course, I may as well do 10 days and get a qualification out of it.

Just wondered if its somehing that could be done as a second jo at the weekends and evenings, or whether it isnt really workable as you might often be needed when its your turn(after the plumbers but before the decorators) and that comes when it comes, not when youre free to do it.

thanks for the advice though.

RosettaStoned - 17/7/2013 17:12

Ha, thanks for that.

i have no intention of giving up the day job, no fear of that!

Just thought if im going to spend 5 days on an intensive course, I may as well do 10 days and get a qualification out of it.

Just wondered if its somehing that could be done as a second jo at the weekends and evenings, or whether it isnt really workable as you might often be needed when its your turn(after the plumbers but before the decorators) and that comes when it comes, not when youre free to do it.

thanks for the advice though.

Yeah if you can afford to you might as well. It will come in useful. You could get odd jobs with it.

That's what my friend Husband does. He has gone back into cheffing and does the plastering now by word of mouth as he can.

Additional qualifications and experiences are never wasted I believe..

I've had loads of plasterers work for me in the past. I've never once asked to see qualifications ( though they were all recommended by plumbers, builders, roofers I've used before). Point being, if the 5 day couse gives you adequate skills to plaster well, I wouldnt spend loads extra for a qualification.

Interesting! thanks UTV.

something to ponder, although im a bit geeky like that and wouldnt mind having a little framed qualification to hang in the mancave.

I'd find a contact who you know is reputable and go out with him a couple of times. To help out and learn what it's allabout before you commit any capital.