Antonio Conte - (Sacked) Manager Thread | Vital Football

Antonio Conte - (Sacked) Manager Thread

Was Conte's time as head coach a success/failure?

• Success

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Failure

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Neither - just more wasted time

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters

muttley

Alert Team
So clear favourite with the bookies. Apparently already in transit to be in London today.

So if it is true, what's everyone's thoughts on Conte coming in.

Gets a thumbs up from me. I hate seeing nice guys getting taken advantage of and i felt sorry for Nuno. He looked like he was going to crack up.

The list of players needing a rocket up their arse is too long. I know 80 wants Keane in to do the nasty stuff but i want our manager to be the man who the players are scared stiff of.

I know the world has changed and players can just down tools but we dont have to make that a nice experience for them. We need to make it horrible. 1st job is Kane training with the kids and fined every penny they can for every time he steps out of line. Same for every player in the squad.

My first reaction is that only at Spurs could there even be an objection to a manager of Conte's calibre joining us, particularly with the current state of affairs. He would be welcome at almost any club in the world.

I think in the short term he will give us a massive lift and we desperately need it. And more importantly - for me - it will bring forward our transfer plans and inject some desperately needed quality into the squad in certain areas. And hopefully, as a minimum, he will also sort out the nonsense we have seen with Kane and certain other players.

Beyond that I have my doubts he is the right fit for what we need going forward.

But right now the plusses so outweigh the minuses.

Right now, I think he is exactly what we need, someone who will not take second best from anyone, someone who is prepared to get downright nasty with all and sundry and someone who clearly makes his own decisions.

The club needs this type of combative person now.

How long he'll last is another question, but first of all let's see him stop the rot and lets see us clear out who he doesn't like and spend wisely.

I hate we will have another defensive coach. I am not one to think he is what we need. Our players have just played for 2 defensive coaches and it has ended in failure. Why are we doing this again let's go for a more progressive coach.

How did he do at Chelsea?

Signed a 3 year contract. Won the league in year 1 after surprising the league with the 3-4-3 system, finished outside the CL places year 2 after losing the dressing room. Sacked before year 3.

Now I would take that, but it won't happen at Spurs. Conte inherited a very good Chelsea side that Jose had lost the dressing room with over the club doctor fiasco.

It's going to be tough for Conte at Spurs, like it would any manager.

Only at Spurs - interview Conte for the job 4 mths ago - Conte declines because Paratici wanted to play a defensive style of football - hire Nuno on a 2yr deal - sack him after 10 games and have to pay him out his contract - hire Conte after he‘s probably asked for a higher salary than what he was going to take initially because he knows we are now desperate to hire a new head coach and we fucked up with him initially. Geez this club has become an embarrassing laughing stock. And we go again……..rinse, spit, repeat.

Only at Spurs - interview Conte for the job 4 mths ago - Conte declines because Paratici wanted to play a defensive style of football - hire Nuno on a 2yr deal - sack him after 10 games and have to pay him out his contract - hire Conte after he‘s probably asked for a higher salary than what he was going to take initially because he knows we are now desperate to hire a new head coach and we fucked up with him initially. Geez this club has become an embarrassing laughing stock. And we go again……..rinse, spit, repeat.

Paratici wasn't part of our team that spoke to Conte, he came in while we were looking at Fonseca, it was he that apparently wanted to play defensive football, not Conte. It was covered on Talksport this morning.

Conte turned us down as he wanted almost 10-12 members of his team at all levels of the club, and assurances of spend.

I guess, we will know soon enough if he got what he demanded, salary wise, I strongly suspect he will not be asking for anymore money than was first offered.

Like others have said, Conte is hardly built in the Spurs mould but with that said is just what we need at this moment in time. Gary made a great point about our transfer business been brought forward as surely if Conte does join he will have assurances regarding transfers both in January and in the summer.

This guy is a winner, no question. If we get our recruitment right over the next two windows he may well give us shout at winning the league next season. Stranger things have happened!

Like others have said, Conte is hardly built in the Spurs mould but with that said is just what we need at this moment in time. Gary made a great point about our transfer business been brought forward as surely if Conte does join he will have assurances regarding transfers both in January and in the summer.

This guy is a winner, no question. If we get our recruitment right over the next two windows he may well give us shout at winning the league next season. Stranger things have happened!
I can't think of many stranger things than us winning the league next season Sheringham.