Antique Chat | Page 2 | Vital Football

Antique Chat

I've started this over here because it's the right place. It will probably be mostly me posting interesting finds but feel free to get involved.

This week's find is an old film prop. A wooden box used for the film The Awakening released in 1980 with Charlton Heston playing the lead role as an archaeologist who disturbs a mummy. You know the rest !! Although set in 1979 there were flashbacks to 18 years before when Charlton uncovered the tomb. For this he needed tools and a tool box !!
It came from Elstree Studios and has labels to suggest it's authentication.
I have not watched the film but might try and see if I can spot the box.
I also have an original cinema card poster with Charlton Heston and Rex Harrison on it from The Agony and Ecstasy 1965 ish. I just need to wait for a Charlton Heston enthusiast.
Planet of the Apes and Soylent Green are a couple of my favourites.

Have to say I really enjoy the antique shows on TV. You just never know what people will find in the attic. Mind you, I'm almost an antique myself.

Couple of nice finds today. A USAF and Navy desk from a UK base. Made in Cambridgeshire 1959. Has USAF ink stamp and metal plaque for US Navy. The company that made it was Papworth Industry who in WWal2 made aircraft parts.

And a 1950s microscope in original mahogany box along with slides and tweezers. Cost originally 95 shillings.
Who did you rip-off this time Nick lol! only jesting! sounds like nice bits of kit!

Who did you rip-off this time Nick lol! only jesting! sounds like nice bits of kit!

Tomorrow I am photographing a 1920s/ 30s Shell petrol pump in complete condition. It belongs to an elderly gentleman. Its in his brick outhouse on his large property. I am selling on 25% commission along with many contents of his house. He owned clothing manufacture factories in the 1960s. He has a ride on mower too he wants shot of, got buyer for that already !!

Tomorrow I am photographing a 1920s/ 30s Shell petrol pump in complete condition. It belongs to an elderly gentleman. Its in his brick outhouse on his large property. I am selling on 25% commission along with many contents of his house. He owned clothing manufacture factories in the 1960s. He has a ride on mower too he wants shot of, got buyer for that already !!

Any lpsNick ? no easy listening or classical mind!