Antibiotics | Vital Football

Antibiotics

G

Now i know my second son who is two and a half has had two chest infections in the past nine months which required Antibiotics fair enough as he is prone to them cos of his floppy larynx in his throat it seems,

But we literally had to fight off the doctor trying to shove yet more Antibiotics down his little neck as we said ''no he is eating drinking and has wet nappies so no'' as these antibiotics knock him about and he got over this virus himself after a week or two

This past week he has another virus but he is eating drinking wet nappies etc and is fine in himself, guess what??

Doctor said ''Antibiotics'' i had to bite my lip and politely point out he is his usual self slight temperature but that is all, im sick of hearing about doctors telling us not us e antibiotics for everything and anything yet the buggers want to shovel it down our kids for every little sore throat or snivel they get

It is very worrying when we hear the over use of antibiotics will cause the virus's to get used to them and we will be stuffed in the near future,

Has anybody else came across this doctors or medical profesionals not listening to there own advice and offering Antibiotics free willy nilly?

Lucky and good for you KK, glad to hear tbh

We are going to move the kids over to my doctors as i have a different one to them, its a bit strange how much they try and shove antibiotics down little ones knecks so much especially considering how there immune systems are just developing and need to learn to fight virus's etc

Not sure what to think Clive.

Sirdennis jnr was diagnosed with laryngitis last week and was given some antibiotics. My wife who is a walking chemist was adamant they weren't strong enough . Anyway he hasn't got any better and now he has a mild case of pneumonia and has some stronger antibiotics.

What may have happened, is that the 1st course of Antibiotics didnt clear up the infection fully?

It does seem that antibiotics are almost the filter for GP level care.

"Here's some antibiotics, now fuck off" results in one of two things for a GP:

1. They fuck off and don't come back (dead or alive).
2. They come back - so continue diagnosis.

I find it very similar with the ol' depression malarky. It's very similar, here's some tablets, now fuck off (oh and you may get some additional treatment after a 4 month wait).

It's a fine line I feel. Yes, antibiotics are needed at times, but as Clive and murph says, there seems some GPs are only too glad to prescribe them just to get you out of the door.

And as already pointed out, if your immune system come to rely on them, what's next when they don't work?

You need to establish whether he had an infection or a virus as you said.

If its a virus then the doctor has been mis diagnosing as Anti Biotics kill bacteria. Bacteria is nothing to do with a virus and so anti biotics are pointless to try and treat a virus.

Anti Biotics are used to treat bacterial infection.

sirdennis - 23/5/2013 11:58

Not sure what to think Clive.

Sirdennis jnr was diagnosed with laryngitis last week and was given some antibiotics. My wife who is a walking chemist was adamant they weren't strong enough . Anyway he hasn't got any better and now he has a mild case of pneumonia and has some stronger antibiotics.

My thoughts are with you mate, its quite rigtening seeing the little ones poorly, i hope he is getting better,

I fully agree where they are needed then totally understandable to use them, and there does seem to bee that many vials out there these days as when i was a nipper in the 80's growing up it was kinda seasonal illness's you seemed to know what certain times of the year you got poorly but these days it seems all the time,

randy.stand - 23/5/2013 16:02

You need to establish whether he had an infection or a virus as you said.

If its a virus then the doctor has been mis diagnosing as Anti Biotics kill bacteria. Bacteria is nothing to do with a virus and so anti biotics are pointless to try and treat a virus.

Anti Biotics are used to treat bacterial infection.

Your right randy dude, twice in the past week two different doctors have said his throat seems a bit red and had a virus, but then when we took william to the doctors again yesterday he said ''yep his throat is a little red, i say use the anti-biotics as its been for more than a week or so''

Now does a virus turn into an infection? as thats what Willaim had to use them for last year a chest infection,

Its all bloody confusing you know for thick folk like me, my couple of brain cells are working over drive here i hope you all know :16:

Trekker - 23/5/2013 16:09

Bit negative this. How about pro biotics

:19: I have taken the pro-biotic dudes before they settled my stomach for a few weeks, but then got pee'd off paying nearly three quid a time for a weeks worth of yakult,

Anti-biotics,,,pro-biotics ffs whats next Sitting on the fence biotics for the middle men?

I avoid tablets as much as I can the only I want to add about Anitbodies is you have to use the full cycle... ITs the idiots who dont take the full course of antibodies that cause these superbugs...

Yeah CDX dude and mis-diagnosing the use of them, in the end all the bugs will get used to them and we will be stuffed