Anthony Scully | Vital Football

Anthony Scully

Imps2018

Vital 1st Team Regular
Just a bit of an appreciation post for the lad.

Probably doesn’t get the number or competition starts he wants but he’s been fantastic whenever called on. 3rd top scorer for us I think?

work rate rivals Anderson’s, timing of his runs into the box are fantastic, plays some great crosses and passes and knows how to find the net. Don’t think we could ask anymore from him and always look forward to him playing.

I imagine there’s a number of teams who look jealously at him being on our bench.

Once he gets into double figures, I think he could kick-on. Liked his comments about being aware of Aguero and Sterling, scoring lots of tap-ins by being in the right place when it matters, rather than worldies from outside the box.
He could have had more goals so far, but with development he could become that elusive 'fox in the box.'

I see him as a potential 'fox in the box' type player and did wonder a few months ago whether he would be our first million pound player, but he didn't seem to kick on from last season. Last night showed the potential he has got and if he keeps that up then he could turn into one heck of a talent. Needs to do it regularly though, as there are times he doesn't get involved as much as he could.

Anyway, why in the match programme a few games back, when there was a big pic of him, was he down as Andrew Scully?

Excellent young player. Doesn't always come off for him but you will never say that he doesn't give it all every match

[QUOTE="sedgleyimp, post: 2583323, member: 9911"]Michael Hortin guest editor[/QUOTE]

Just in case 😉

At the age he is Ma will dip him in and out of the first team , He will progress from there , If hes happy with his own progress i think you will find he will be happy to learn and stay till hes a regular

Think he's a cracking player, thought he had huge potential for the first time I saw him play for us.
New contract required.

From the bits and pieces I've seen he looks like a more technically proficient version of Jack Muldoon, which is a good thing. I seem to recall he's only contracted until the Summer?

Good player with a spot on attitude. Certain commentators need reminding that his first name is not Liam - if he’s playing it’ll be an injury crisis from hell.
Has anyone else noticed that Anthony sounds exactly like Buster Brady from Mrs Brown’s Boys? Makes me smile every time he’s interviewed

Liked him from the moment I saw his debut. Strong already with a good touch with positional awareness, confidence to run at defenders and a knack of being in the right place to find the net. A good example of leaving an academy and developing in the real world. His dad played for Palace too so he’s got a real football background.

One of those players that you like watching run about but then sometimes wonder if he ran about a little less if he might be more effective?

Good player with a spot on attitude. Certain commentators need reminding that his first name is not Liam - if he’s playing it’ll be an injury crisis from hell.
Has anyone else noticed that Anthony sounds exactly like Buster Brady from Mrs Brown’s Boys? Makes me smile every time he’s interviewed
Oooh. What a cunning way of finding out who watches shite telly