Ant or Dec Arrested For Drink Driving | Page 2 | Vital Football

Ant or Dec Arrested For Drink Driving

So Ant has been charged officially with Drink Driving. Could finish up in the slammer, but because of who he is, probably won't.:(

It was Ant, to be fair to Declan Donnelly. It's all going south for him in the past year or so - drug addiction, separated from his wife, allegedly shacking up with Scarlett Moffatt, and now this.

No excuse whatsoever for drink-driving, whatever else is happening in his life.

Isn't she some big fat munter

I get he’s got a problem, as do lots of celebs, but I have little sympathy for the disregard of other people’s lives. He looks wankered getting out of the car, what’s his mum doing letting him drive?

As he’s a liked celeb he’ll get to play the “I need time to sort my life out” card, and whilst I do sympathise with his problems as was muted during I’m a celeb, when it comes to potentially tragic incidents which this could’ve been, my sympathy goes down.

Agreed danvilla, feel sorry for anyone suffering from anything, that includes addicts, but he looked smashed getting out of the car. I didn't drive for two years after my brain op, I was desperate to, but I knew I wasn't well enough.

It's called having respect for others really.

You're judging him as a normal healthy person though.

He's an addict. Addicts don't make sane choices.

It's a bit like when someone takes there own life. People say they are selfish but do you think these people are really in control when they make the decision to end it?

Addicts steal. Addicts lie. Addicts do things they would never normally do if they didn't have an addiction.

I'm not excusing his actions. I'm not saying all addicts go out driving pissed and it's not an issue. I'm just saying he needs help rather than judgement.

I'm not excusing his actions. I'm not saying all addicts go out driving pissed and it's not an issue. I'm just saying he needs help rather than judgement.

Totally agree Deano.

Sadly, the tabloids and social media won't leave him alone as people just can't help themselves in sticking the boot in. Our culture just seems to get off on previously successful people falling on hard times or whatever - it's pathetic isn't it?

Give the guy a break, let him try and get the help he so obviously needs away from the glare of publicity. I doubt it will happen like that. Poor bastard will probably end up like Gazza and the media will lap it up all the way.

Is that a British thing or the same the world over? We do seem to 'get off' on seeing national treasures destroy themselves.

I would be attaching more blame to his Mom. She must have known he was out of it and yet still let him drive with all the potential consequences that came with driving in that state.

It was Ant, to be fair to Declan Donnelly. It's all going south for him in the past year or so - drug addiction, separated from his wife, allegedly shacking up with Scarlett Moffatt

I can believe the Drink and Drugs but Scarlett Moffatt!!
He is going to need therapy for sure, then Specsavers.

I just wished the poor bloke could afford a taxi

There’s a three year old in the other car, blokes a selfish c-bomb and his mum is a joke for letting him drive.

But as a national treasure he’ll do some sympathy speech at the next tv awards and the nation will love him again, and itv.

Just out of interest Dan what's your opinion on the outpouring of love for Ray Wilkins, who was a serial drink driver?