Ant or Dec Arrested For Drink Driving | Vital Football

Ant or Dec Arrested For Drink Driving

BodyButter

Vital Football Legend
http://newsthump.com/2018/03/19/ant-or-dec-arrested-for-drink-driving/

Disgraceful. Whichever one it was should be ashamed of himself.

:8: :134: :79:

It was Ant, to be fair to Declan Donnelly. It's all going south for him in the past year or so - drug addiction, separated from his wife, allegedly shacking up with Scarlett Moffatt, and now this.

No excuse whatsoever for drink-driving, whatever else is happening in his life.

I get people with depression and substance addiction need help, I really do but how many chances can you continue to give people?

The outpouring of support is getting a bit embarrassing (not on here obviously you nasty bastards) but in general it seems like coz people love the cheeky twosome that he can get away with anything.

For me he had his chance for forgiveness before... now all the "I'm seeking help and getting treatment" just sounds like empty words.

Maybe he's just not a very nice person?

I do fail to understand how someone who gets half of a £30 million contract , wouldn't take any chances and get a taxi or a chauffer or something. It couldn't have been that important that he had to drive.

He's an addict though. His mother was in the car with him, so I'm going to guess he didn't want her to know he'd been drinking so suggesting a taxi would have obviously let the cat out of the bag.

Addicts do strange, irrational things. Don't think the amount of money they earn really changes that.

Let’s not forget he was blinded in both eyes by a paintball gun when he was younger, I have to say, he’s done very well for a totally blind man,but letting him drive is perhaps a step too far.

Sure they said on the news he'd already sought treatment/help previously, but he was out walking his dog with his mum in tow I think.

So fair's fair - not that I particularly like the bloke or find him funny - it might have been he was over the limit from the night before but I'd have thought most people knew about that risk.

I like Ant and Dec but can't defend this, Ant looks bladdered in the video taken moments after the crash.

Of course it could be shock. If he is as drunk as he looks why the hell did his mum let him drive let alone be with him in the car.
My Kids will be gutted they love Saturday Night takeaway.

Seems very similar to the recent Tiger Woods incident to me.

Lets not forget he got charged with a DUI, everyone crucified him, turned out he was on very strong pain killers and the drink (not a large amount) affected him more than he anticipated.

The more I think about this and the more I read people slating him, the moreI do have sympathy for Ant. He's an addict!!! Nobody chooses to be an addict. He's facing a battle and he's losing at present but hopefully he'll win it (as Tiger appears to have done).

It's all speculation at the moment. Had he had several pints that morning and then decided to take his mom for a drive? I doubt it.

Was he over the limit from the night before? I doubt that too as he still looks hammered.

My guess would be is that he's tanked up on painkillers and maybe had a couple of pints and it's affected him badly.

Who knows, but the guy needs help.

Yup you are right there Deano. I do have sympathy for addicts as what triggers their addiction can't be pleasant for them in the first place.

If he is spaced out on painkillers , surely his Mom would have noticed and intervened though.

I was discussing this with a mate earlier, and neither of us could remember who was PJ and who was drunken...

:rofl:

Too soon? I'll get my coat...