Another season of Ignominy? | Vital Football

Another season of Ignominy?

Whiteknight

Vital Reserves Team
Leeds had the best chance to get promoted the last campaign. They did not. Now the knock on effect could be enormous.

Where is the money coming from to strengthen the squad, even with Bielsa on board.

AR has already warned Leeds face a 'difficult' transfer window.

“We have to run a difficult summer in terms of the transfer market but we have a great academy.”

This could be taken to mean that the money has dried up and that there will be no sign of improvement behind the scenes this summer.

So what are we expecting next season is a squad minus Janson and Philips or both?

Leeds would be soldiering on with more boys just past puberty.

On top of that, AR hands are tied as Leeds lost 4.3 million over the course of last season and are expected to post a bigger financial deficit for the recently concluded 18/19 campaign.

“Hence there is no shining light here either, they are losing money and might fall foul of FFP if they’re not careful.”

Not really a surprise then, Leeds will no doubt be testing the limits of FFP after last season.

So names like Gayle, Lowe, Barbet, O’Dowda being bandied around are only things for dreams.

For the record, Bamford was the only cash acquisition during the last campaign, the rest are loans.

I thought we spent £3m on Barry Douglas.
£10m in a transfer window is the largest amount we have spent by some distance in many years.

Also, why would AR go around saying we have lots of money to spend. Surely you keep that to yourself otherwise clubs would inflate an asking price if they think we have cash to throw around.

Cheers des for explaining the meaning of ignominy, I was clueless on that one,!,,!!!

Nobody goes around brandishing their wealth.
AR is a businessman. He knows his math.

"Leeds lost 4.3 million over the course of last season and are expected to post a bigger financial deficit for the recently concluded 18/19 campaign."
Its obvious where his attention lies except the uninitiated.

He is a 44 year old businessman who has invested many millions in to the club. The keyboard warriors of the age who have no or very little understanding of the way the world works, want total commitment and investment as if the chairman is an idiot fan , despite themselves knowing that would circumvent the rules in football, and how unrealistic that idea is. They imagine winning £200 million on the lottery and buying our club or in their dreams if good enough, they would play for free. Just children.
I guess people like AR are initiated enough to know they have to have a thick skin and learn to care not what the most unintelligent but often the loudest of supporters spew out.
The funny thing about Leeds fans is that Ken Bates took the piss from the start of his time at Leeds United, even writing program notes telling us how stupid we were and how meaningless our lives were but so many lapped it up until near the end of his tenure.
It was an exciting but ultimately disappointing season but even if we had got promoted the detractors would not have stopped. The top six in that league is a world away from the top two but potentially reachable. Established mid table teams can't penetrate the top 6. Staying in the league for more than a couple of season is an achievement for the newly promoted.
It would only be misery for the miserable where ever we are. AR has brought stability to our club. I am thankful for that.
There are no Gods in football.

People are quick to forget Des what shit we have had in since the Premier League days. I certainly wouldn't want to go back to the days of Krasner, Bates, GFH and Cellino.

It is an horrible one Des.

I think the only way we will ever get back to where we think we should be is to have someone come in with a massive investment.

On the flipside, you look at what it has done at Manchester City.

Whilst they have enjoyed huge success on the pitch a large part of their following has been sanitised and they have now become what they always despised about their city neighbours.

Whilst I have always thought it would never happen at Leeds with our fan base, City were a club, like ourselves who were regularly getting around 30,000 loyal dedicated fans in League One.

Tickets would suddenly disappear as the club sold more to selling companies who prefer to offer tickets to corporate or wannabe day tripper fans.

But.......we need a huge investor. AR has finally got this club going in the right direction after almost 20 years of inept mismanagement by previous owners and only now, will big investors want to show an interest in us. We have to thank AR for that.

"But.......we need a huge investor. AR has finally got this club going in the right direction after almost 20 years of inept mismanagement by previous owners and only now, will big investors want to show an interest in us. We have to thank AR for that. "

That is spot on.

What is not spot on is being at work listening to hoards of Charlton fans returning from Wembley in celebratory mood.

I just can't wait for a trip to the Valley again. I know we like to drink on our away trips but Charlton is always a different level for me. I can't remember half the games there. I think the last time we went I didn't get past the bar in the ground until 75 minutes in. The good thing was I missed Morison scoring.

I just can't wait for a trip to the Valley again. I know we like to drink on our away trips but Charlton is always a different level for me. I can't remember half the games there. I think the last time we went I didn't get past the bar in the ground until 75 minutes in. The good thing was I missed Morison scoring.
Hope the fans give Lee Bowyer a good reception, always liked him as a player.