Another Saturday home game bites the dust | Vital Football

Another Saturday home game bites the dust

Made in Wigan

Vital Champions League
Norwich game now moved to midday on a Sunday for TV.

It is no wonder attendances are dwindling with matches moved to Sunday lunchtimes and Friday nights for TV and all midweeks available at the press of a button. Great ticket prices by the club for the Norwich game but will have zero impact on home support and will see a net reduction in attendees.

It means our last home Saturday game is now at the end of March. That's ridiculous really and means no home Saturday football for over a third of the year. This really isn't right and will have an impact on revenue affecting our sustainability.

Norwich game now moved to midday on a Sunday for TV.

It is no wonder attendances are dwindling with matches moved to Sunday lunchtimes and Friday nights for TV and all midweeks available at the press of a button. Great ticket prices by the club for the Norwich game but will have zero impact on home support and will see a net reduction in attendees.

It means our last home Saturday game is now at the end of March. That's ridiculous really and means no home Saturday football for over a third of the year. This really isn't right and will have an impact on revenue affecting our sustainability.
Agree MIW although the television revenue will cover for the missing numbers,i suspect this income is the reason for the excellent price cut,With Adults £15 and U18s Free maybe some kids will come along again!Lets hope for a better game than the last free offer!!

Agree MIW although the television revenue will cover for the missing numbers,i suspect this income is the reason for the excellent price cut,With Adults £15 and U18s Free maybe some kids will come along again!Lets hope for a better game than the last free offer!!

When was the last time we put on a discount for a league game and played well? I genuinely can't remember the last time we tried to boost the attendance and put in a performance that would make any of the extra atendees think anything other than 'i'm defo not going again after that'.

Anyone recall the last time we got 3 points on a day we tried to bring in extra fans?

when was the last time we had a home fixture moved ? How many times this season has this happened for home fixtures? And don't we get a fee off the tv company for moving said fixture ? And isn't the OP going into overdrive with the moaning lark

Martinez:
- not sure
- too often
- think so...... but so what
- nope. When exiled tic is agreeing with MiW, you know he's on solid ground.

:cuppa:

When was the last time we put on a discount for a league game and played well? I genuinely can't remember the last time we tried to boost the attendance and put in a performance that would make any of the extra atendees think anything other than 'i'm defo not going again after that'.

Anyone recall the last time we got 3 points on a day we tried to bring in extra fans?
Anyone recall the last time we got three points ?