Another one bites the dust! (pt III) | Page 7 | Vital Football

Another one bites the dust! (pt III)

Ridiculous, clubs need to give Managers more time to overcome poor phases. Just look how right we were to keep hold of Cook last year

I think if we get taken over by a decent owner a Cook return is now a genuine possibility, where 6 months ago it was probably a non starter.

Cook's buzz he built up with last seasons end run has faded and his chances of getting a Championship job probably decrease the longer he's out of the game. So if the club can get stable soon and he gets approached with a long contract and a brief to rebuild i think he might be up for that.

The managerial appointment must be completely down to the mindset of the new owner, whoever he or ‘they’ turn out to be.
They may already have a very clear idea of who they want....which might be to stick with the current team, although Leam Richardson seemingly prefers the ‘right hand man‘ role rather than the managers job.

Paul Cook, as long as he continues to be out of work I suppose might well be a name to consider, but could he reconcile himself to coming back and starting from way further back than the position he first started out from, let alone the one he actually left us in (on the field) ....and at a fraction of what he was earning previously.
Hes earning nothing right now but still....

Last edited:
The managerial appointment must be completely down to the mindset of the new owner, whoever he or ‘they’ turn out to be.
They may already have a very clear idea of who they want....which might be to stick with the current team, although Leam Richardson seemingly prefers the ‘right hand man‘ role rather than the managers job.

Paul Cook, as long as he continues to be out of work I suppose might well be a name to consider, but could he reconcile himself to coming back and starting from way further back than the position he first started out from, let alone the one he actually left us in (on the field) ....and at a fraction of what he was earning previously.
Hes earning nothing right now but still....

Zeb, PC just recently did a Q&A session with Jay Whittle where one of the questions was about his return to the club as manager.....his reply was "never ever say never"... the rest of the interview is quite good..

Edit....link here for anyone interested

Last edited:
I think if we get taken over by a decent owner a Cook return is now a genuine possibility, where 6 months ago it was probably a non starter.

Cook's buzz he built up with last seasons end run has faded and his chances of getting a Championship job probably decrease the longer he's out of the game. So if the club can get stable soon and he gets approached with a long contract and a brief to rebuild i think he might be up for that.

i hope not !

He would be good in League 1 no doubt and his experience gained in the Championship with us would ensure he got it right aft our promotion. He’ll do for me

With a war chest for sure - with no money 🤔

He has collared a bargain or two ......... and he's got a decent record on loanees don't forget .......
Kieran Dowell, Joe Wilson, Cedric Kipre, Antonee Robinson, Leon Balogun, ........ and of course, Reece James.
;)

There's no chance of Cook coming back IMO. It would be such a massive backward step for him and I suspect it would be heartbreaking to return to the carnage that he'd inevitably face given what he'd built previously.