Another one bites the dust! (pt III) | Page 6 | Vital Football

Another one bites the dust! (pt III)

The level of understanding on here of how coaching staff work is staggering!
Good analogies to some people's comments are "why do we need TV and internet" we didn't have them in my day! Why do we need cars and buses when we can walk or stay at home Why do we need planes, we never had foreign holidays back in the 1950s.
Things change, gone are the days of calling in for "training" kicking a ball about and doing a few press-ups then buggering off down the pub. Other clubs have coaches for different disciplines, so we need ours to compete.
As someone said earlier, people were shouting about us needing a defensive coach this time last year, so what's so wrong with having an expert goalkeeping coach

Good analogies to some people's comments are "why do we need TV and internet" we didn't have them in my day! Why do we need cars and buses when we can walk or stay at home Why do we need planes, we never had foreign holidays back in the 1950s.
Things change, gone are the days of calling in for "training" kicking a ball about and doing a few press-ups then buggering off down the pub. Other clubs have coaches for different disciplines, so we need ours to compete.
As someone said earlier, people were shouting about us needing a defensive coach this time last year, so what's so wrong with having an expert goalkeeping coach
Problem is now we are a league one side. Could even. Be a league 2side next season

The fact that we are still in administration and have zero generated income means that a goalkeeping coach at the moment is a luxury we cannot afford - one less person on the payroll or one less person to pay a redundancy package.

Doesn't surprise me too much that Buxton has gone due to their league position and fans negative reaction on twitter to him in recent games.
He now joins Kember,Dowie,Bruce and Grant I can think of who have been sacked after playing the tics!