Another one bites the dust! (pt III) | Page 4 | Vital Football

Another one bites the dust! (pt III)

That's true in the sense it's an admission of failure, but we have to be pragmatic. Yes, the club made a huge mistake in keeping Cook on so long, but in the absence of a time machine under the West Stand, there's nothing we can do to change what's already passed. So we own up to our mistake, do something about it, learn from it and move forward (hopefully to better things). If we did that, it'd be worth celebrating in my book.

No-one gets it right every time, and there's no shame in admitting that. With every end comes a new beginning, so the cliché goes, and a new beginning is something I'd very much welcome right now.

No problem with that Pon, I will certainly be leaping for joy if we manage a decent performance and a win today. Just about to make my way to the ground, have a good one.

Gary "criminally under rated" Bowyer sacked by Bradford.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51359137

I do rate Bowyer, but he walked into a club that was already riddled with a lot of problems. I think the problems at Bradford run deeper than just the manager. Bowyer is the 4th manager in a row who hasn't been able to stop the decline they've been on pretty much since they beat us at the DW a couple of years ago.

I do rate Bowyer, but he walked into a club that was already riddled with a lot of problems. I think the problems at Bradford run deeper than just the manager. Bowyer is the 4th manager in a row who hasn't been able to stop the decline they've been on pretty much since they beat us at the DW a couple of years ago.

There were rumours a couple of weeks ago about fallings out between Bowyer and some players and it was definitely odd that their 2 top goalscorers left in the window. I wonder if James Vaughan will be recalled from Tranmere by whoever the new Bradford manager is.

There were rumours a couple of weeks ago about fallings out between Bowyer and some players and it was definitely odd that their 2 top goalscorers left in the window. I wonder if James Vaughan will be recalled from Tranmere by whoever the new Bradford manager is.

Doyle was brought in to spearhead promotion 18 months ago, but after being so prolific in L1 he really struggled at Bradford and after they went down he was loaned to Swindon where he's got something like 24 goals in 23 games in L2 this season. Bradford recalled him in January with the plan to play him but he basically told them he didn't want to go back before they recalled them and after he got back kept telling them he wanted out. So they gave in and sold him for just 100k. Doyle's not the only one who's struggled there, they looked like they'd recruited really well 18 months ago but it was a disasterous season that saw them go from one of the promotion candidates to relegation.

Not sure what happened with Vaughan though.

Woodgate potted. Warnock in. Not messing around at Boro. Won’t be pretty but they’ll survive now.
Posters on here swore Warnock wouldn't look at moving North as he was comfortable in his home down in Devon/Cornwall. Well how wrong were they? Wouldn't be owt to do with a big lump of cash from Middlesbrough would it. Surely not splashing cash including Woodgates pay-off in these uncertain times would they?

Posters on here swore Warnock wouldn't look at moving North as he was comfortable in his home down in Devon/Cornwall. Well how wrong were they? Wouldn't be owt to do with a big lump of cash from Middlesbrough would it. Surely not splashing cash including Woodgates pay-off in these uncertain times would they?
Would cost them a damm sight more if they went down !

An excellent appointment for Boro, Warnock will easy keep that squad up, it's criminal they have been where tgey are all season. The writing was on the wall for Woodgate for so long i just wonder why Gibson decided to wait this long to make the move. I'd say the same for McCann at Hull but i dont think the club will stump up the money to pay him off.

Gutted for us but glad we wont have to play them in one of our 6 pointers.

Got a good squad on paper as well have Boro. Will be worth a tipple on promotion next season if the old man fancies another crack at it.