Another one bites the dust! (pt III) | Page 16 | Vital Football

Another one bites the dust! (pt III)

Steve Evans has left his position as manager of Gillingham Football Club. He leaves following a 4-0 defeat to Ipswich Town on Saturday.
Due to play us in a couple of weeks.

Apparently Hull are going to announce that they've sacked Grant McCann and replace him with Shota Arveladze some time on Monday.

Good decision, it was a terrible choice to appoint him in the first place, he's far too streaky a manager to win a promotion. Doesn't have a single one on his CV for good reason.

Had Sunderland gone for Cook (and Richardson) in November 2020 rather than Johnson, I reckon they'd either be up by now or certain to go up this way rather than being in the current scrap. Will they get Warnock in until the end of the season?

Good decision, it was a terrible choice to appoint him in the first place, he's far too streaky a manager to win a promotion. Doesn't have a single one on his CV for good reason.

Had Sunderland gone for Cook (and Richardson) in November 2020 rather than Johnson, I reckon they'd either be up by now or certain to go up this way rather than being in the current scrap. Will they get Warnock in until the end of the season?

Sacked whilst third? Surely no shame in being humped six nil by the best team in the league.

I know Sunderland aren't in the best of form and yesterday was as bad a loss as it gets but it seems a bit knee jerk to sack your manager when you are 3rd, 2 points off the top and a week after you sanctioned him signing Baath, Clarke and Roberts and potentially Defoe. Plus the window shuts tomorrow and no obvious outstanding candidate to take over. Bold move.

Maybe this will prove a master stroke and pay off for Sunderland come the end of the season but as a rival fan it's suprising.

It'll be interesting to see who they bring in.

You can only assume the decision was made by the fans walking away from the Bolton game on that video.