Another Incoming - Teddy Bishop | Page 3 | Vital Football

Another Incoming - Teddy Bishop

Back from a few days away and we have a recovering manager, more decent looking signings and some increased positivity. (I know, I should go away more often.)

Bishop is a classy player when fully fit and should do well for us. Looking forward to potentially see him play on August 14th.

I might be completely barking up the wrong tree, but I do wonder if all of the signings and build of the squad this season are a direct result of the lessons learned from last year. In my view we failed to get promoted because we had too small a squad and suffered the consequences of Covid and injuries to the experienced spine of the team. When it came to the business end of the season we were found wanting. To me it’s significant that we have signed several more experienced players who have the ability and desire to pressure each other for places as well as cover/rotation during the season without any fall-off in the level of the squad/team, thus giving us a better chance at promotion. As I said, I might be completely wrong (or stating the obvious) but I’m so looking forward to watching these players hopefully gel into something special to give the big boys a run for their money, especially in front of a full stadium. More to come yet I think. Come on you Imps 👍👏👍👏
Spot on .I have made the same commentsin similar threads prior to the new signings although at the time some were in disagreement. It all makes sense .We just need to strengthen through the defence and we will have a potentially decent squad

I might be completely barking up the wrong tree, but I do wonder if all of the signings and build of the squad this season are a direct result of the lessons learned from last year. In my view we failed to get promoted because we had too small a squad and suffered the consequences of Covid and injuries to the experienced spine of the team. When it came to the business end of the season we were found wanting. To me it’s significant that we have signed several more experienced players who have the ability and desire to pressure each other for places as well as cover/rotation during the season without any fall-off in the level of the squad/team, thus giving us a better chance at promotion. As I said, I might be completely wrong (or stating the obvious) but I’m so looking forward to watching these players hopefully gel into something special to give the big boys a run for their money, especially in front of a full stadium. More to come yet I think. Come on you Imps 👍👏👍👏
I think we’re taking the reliance on our stars away from the squad and building much more of a squad where anyone can play.

Last season we relied on Johnson, Rogers, Grant etc. and whilst we might not be signing players who are as good as them (not a criticism, those 3 were just way too good for this level) - we’re building much more of a team.

I think we’re taking the reliance on our stars away from the squad and building much more of a squad where anyone can play.

Last season we relied on Johnson, Rogers, Grant etc. and whilst we might not be signing players who are as good as them (not a criticism, those 3 were just way too good for this level) - we’re building much more of a team.
Physicality combined with flair .

I would agree with that and I would also factor in the effects on finance from Covid which meant that what the board did in supporting MA was above and beyond, knowing the fiscal hit they were going to take.

I would argue that they wrung out every last drop last year in terms of what they could provide but there were always going to be compromises. The fact that the players did so magnificently and over achieved was simply astonishing given the circumstances both in terms of results and number of games played.

I'm sure the board will have been greatly fortified by what they saw last season, the knowledge that fans/revenue are returning and being bolstered by fresh investment from the likes of Jay and Harvey. It's probably afforded them the confidence to extend a little further this year.

Spot on .I have made the same commentsin similar threads prior to the new signings although at the time some were in disagreement. It all makes sense .We just need to strengthen through the defence and we will have a potentially decent squad

I think if our current defence can avoid injuries we’ll be fine, bags of talent already there, especially if TJ returns.

As for Bishop, an Ipswich ST mate down here reckons he’s a superb player but injuries have curtailed his progress.

I think if our current defence can avoid injuries we’ll be fine, bags of talent already there, especially if TJ returns.

As for Bishop, an Ipswich ST mate down here reckons he’s a superb player but injuries have curtailed his progress.
Are there rumours regarding TJ? Someone of his calibre would be ideal.We cannot rely on luck with injuries though .Could the Big Apple be looking at three at the back ?These new signings look they can play all over the park .Maybe 352 and 451 depending on the opposition. Either way more defenders for me please

A decent squad being put together , once match fit and they get to know each other should be ok ;) . Could suffer to start with from those two or three 'lost' weeks of preparation when we were involved in the play offs and most of the others weren't.

UTI.

Just had a word with my ITFC neighbour and in his opinion Bishop is a very good exciting player but spends a lot of time injured !

...because you can never have enough injury prone players....

Will it be possible to bring in any other cathedral-themed staff? Isn't there a spare Abbey, Monk, Chappell, Towers, Parrish or Priest around?

In fact, didn't Ipswich also have a keeper called Holy?
We did have a Vickers, does this count?

I think Bishop is the first Edward/Ed/Eddie/Ted/Teddy to appear for the Imps since Eddie Cliff in the 1970s, unless anyone has a better memory than me.

Dan Nlundulu is the first player whose surname begins with 'N' to appear for the club since promotion back to the League. The last one was... the ever-popular Jon Nolan in August 2015.

Sorry I wasted your time with this.
….. yes don’t do it again you’ve been a very naughty boy 😀

Just had a word with my ITFC neighbour and in his opinion Bishop is a very good exciting player but spends a lot of time injured !

I honestly know nothing about Bishop but this question is for the people involved in physio etc
So some players are more injury prone as seems to be the case with Ted

What makes clubs think they can get the best out of players as in match fitness and not getting injured so much do they see something other physios dont so change routine exercises eating habits etc just seems strange some do get more out of some then others look at Neal eardley prime example

As for the board .manager coaches etc obviously any player is a risk so when your looking at the player who does seem to carry injuries do you look at length of contract salary etc as abargaining point

All very interesting stuff goes on behind the scenes would love to see all what goes on

ps in no way is this a dig at any club taking on injured players would just like to know there thinking behind it

I honestly know nothing about Bishop but this question is for the people involved in physio etc
So some players are more injury prone as seems to be the case with Ted

What makes clubs think they can get the best out of players as in match fitness and not getting injured so much do they see something other physios dont so change routine exercises eating habits etc just seems strange some do get more out of some then others look at Neal eardley prime example

As for the board .manager coaches etc obviously any player is a risk so when your looking at the player who does seem to carry injuries do you look at length of contract salary etc as abargaining point

All very interesting stuff goes on behind the scenes would love to see all what goes on

ps in no way is this a dig at any club taking on injured players would just like to know there thinking behind it
There was a history of DC / NC taking on injury prone players and for the most part it came off, just hope the behind the scenes team can continue the good work.

Probably because of his injury background, I suspect MA is more likely to leave players out whereas DC/NC probably wanted players to keep going and accept niggles are part of football.

EDIT - Thinking more of Bostwick kinda injuries rather than Eardley ones. You can't suddently get Eardley playing as often as he did through fluke.