Another Incoming - Teddy Bishop | Page 2 | Vital Football

Another Incoming - Teddy Bishop

...because you can never have enough injury prone players....

Will it be possible to bring in any other cathedral-themed staff? Isn't there a spare Abbey, Monk, Chappell, Towers, Parrish or Priest around?

In fact, didn't Ipswich also have a keeper called Holy?

I think Bishop is the first Edward/Ed/Eddie/Ted/Teddy to appear for the Imps since Eddie Cliff in the 1970s, unless anyone has a better memory than me.

Dan Nlundulu is the first player whose surname begins with 'N' to appear for the club since promotion back to the League. The last one was... the ever-popular Jon Nolan in August 2015.

Sorry I wasted your time with this.

Might be a bit of horses for courses too - signed a few creative mids, mcgrandles can be box to box or more of a metronomical passer while Bridcutt and Sanders seem like 6s.

Against teams where we have more of the ball can unleash fiorini and Bishop to try and break teams down while against tough teams away when we're playing more on the break you've got bridcutt, mcgrandles, maybe Jones as a pressing option or sanders too more in front of the back four.

Win the midfield , win the game IMHO.
We got overrun in there a lot last season , especially when teams played 352 against us at sincil bank.
Totally agree . Seeing Grant having to drop back in some games was frustrating . We had a great Season and every player gave his all but what a team we were when Bridcut ,Maccie G and Grant were playing together .Look at the permutations now .Its all good stuff

I think Bishop is the first Edward/Ed/Eddie/Ted/Teddy to appear for the Imps since Eddie Cliff in the 1970s, unless anyone has a better memory than me.

Dan Nlundulu is the first player whose surname begins with 'N' to appear for the club since promotion back to the League. The last one was... the ever-popular Jon Nolan in August 2015.

Sorry I wasted your time with this.
You crack on mate .We all love your stats

Might be a bit of horses for courses too - signed a few creative mids, mcgrandles can be box to box or more of a metronomical passer while Bridcutt and Sanders seem like 6s.

Against teams where we have more of the ball can unleash fiorini and Bishop to try and break teams down while against tough teams away when we're playing more on the break you've got bridcutt, mcgrandles, maybe Jones as a pressing option or sanders too more in front of the back four.

Sorenson too, who from the vid that was posted likes to spray the ball around, in much the same style as Grant.

Yeah 'midfielder' covers quite a range of players these days doesn't it. It's not like when you'd have a passing one and a ball-winning one in the middle and that was it (get it out to the wingers, cross in, big man nods it down the little man, jumpers for goalposts mmm). Having those options should allow us to adapt to the opposition much more effectively.

Yeah 'midfielder' covers quite a range of players these days doesn't it. It's not like when you'd have a passing one and a ball-winning one in the middle and that was it (get it out to the wingers, cross in, big man nods it down the little man, jumpers for goalposts mmm). Having those options should allow us to adapt to the opposition much more effectively.

Even when we were playing entertaining football under schoey it was a bit, kerr snaps at people's ankles and freck goes box to box and makes stuff happen!

All these teams playing threes in the middle I don't think you'd get away with it, not many teams do now at our level unless they are back to front and the midfield just chases around after the ball

I may have to upgrade my 'where will we finish' entry, from 8th to play offs again at this rate. Numerically I would say we are in a stronger position for forward and midfield options now, than last season.

The quality is yet to be proven but looking at the pedigree of the players and the diligence that goes into signing them I am confident they will be more hit than miss.

Fortunately I don't need to upgrade my "where will they finish" as I sensibly put us as Champions !

I might be completely barking up the wrong tree, but I do wonder if all of the signings and build of the squad this season are a direct result of the lessons learned from last year. In my view we failed to get promoted because we had too small a squad and suffered the consequences of Covid and injuries to the experienced spine of the team. When it came to the business end of the season we were found wanting. To me it’s significant that we have signed several more experienced players who have the ability and desire to pressure each other for places as well as cover/rotation during the season without any fall-off in the level of the squad/team, thus giving us a better chance at promotion. As I said, I might be completely wrong (or stating the obvious) but I’m so looking forward to watching these players hopefully gel into something special to give the big boys a run for their money, especially in front of a full stadium. More to come yet I think. Come on you Imps 👍👏👍👏