Another Incoming - Teddy Bishop | Vital Football

Another Incoming - Teddy Bishop

Another day, another signing. Big fan of this regular news!

A lot of potential in this signing, if we can get him on the pitch rather than in physio room then a good championship midfielder from accounts I’ve heard.

James Jones might disagree with you there!

Half expecting Jones to be out on loan somewhere now? I'm not sure, was excited by his signing and Covid definitely did not help but notable that we're making these signings in midfield.... Having depth in this position not a bad thing though as think there is a player in there somewhere.

I'm assuming he'll get the number 10 shirt as per his twatter signing thingy. 25 years old so really in his prime years you'd say.
If all these signings come together as a team we've got a real chance again.

I may have to upgrade my 'where will we finish' entry, from 8th to play offs again at this rate. Numerically I would say we are in a stronger position for forward and midfield options now, than last season.

The quality is yet to be proven but looking at the pedigree of the players and the diligence that goes into signing them I am confident they will be more hit than miss.

Half expecting Jones to be out on loan somewhere now? I'm not sure, was excited by his signing and Covid definitely did not help but notable that we're making these signings in midfield.... Having depth in this position not a bad thing though as think there is a player in there somewhere.
is the model really to sign players like jones and then loan them out?

less ideal, but on the model… what if all this midfield recruitment means there have been offers for one of the assets, mcgrandles for instance.

same with the five wide attackers, ideally you want archibald or longdon to go out on loan, and keep scully adelakun maguire + 1 fighting for two places… but it could be that there have been offers for scully.

is the model really to sign players like jones and then loan them out?

less ideal, but on the model… what if all this midfield recruitment means there have been offers for one of the assets, mcgrandles for instance.

same with the five wide attackers, ideally you want archibald or longdon to go out on loan, and keep scully adelakun maguire + 1 fighting for two places… but it could be that there have been offers for scully.

I would guess it's the model more than him not getting any gametime..?

permanent match up
maguire - anderson
adelakun - elbouzedi
bishop - grant
soerensen - ???
??? - ross

Loan match up
griffiths - palmer
nlundulu - morton
fiorini - Rogers (not really a direct match but similar age and both from Man City)
??? - johnson
??? - eyoma

I wonder if there is space for a quality replacement loan rb/cb???