Another Home humiliation | Vital Football

Another Home humiliation

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Two goals down to Telford with about 20 minutes to go and although it was expected it still hurts. It seems any team who can defend and has a bit of pace in attack will win at the Vic. We cant score and we cant defend a pretty scary combination. The home fans seem pretty angry. Cant blame them.

Final score 1-2. Well now we can concentrate on not getting relegated. Telford are a league below us beat us without too many problems. I don't know how many saves their keeper made but I bet it was very few indeed. The way things are going, we could be swapping places with Telford next season.

To my chagrin I was at today's game.
Telford, like so many teams before them, were well organised, pacy, physically imposing and carried a goal threat in the final third of the park - all the things Pools are deficient in! These problems with Pools are not new this season but have been evident for years.

Our only hope is that Money can bring in some decent reinforcements, not work experience loanees, to strengthen the team; otherwise I fear we'll be competing next season with York and Darlington to see who has North East bragging rights.

Money was being refreshingly honest in the Mail this evening. He talks about not having met a group of players who go backwards as often as Pools. He talked about players not having the confidence to beat the press. I just feel he would like to dispense with quite a lot of them. I bet few Poolies would argue.

Money's post match comments are refreshingly honest, at long last someone within the Club is strong enough to admit our player's lack pace, strength and skill. Let's see if the Owners will back their managerial choice and allow him to bring in some battled hardened players to strengthen the squad!

Yep, assuming some "battle hardened" players are available and willing to join a joke club which, sad to say, Pools currently are.:cautious::cautious:

Players of the right calibre will be out there, it will just be a question of whether Pools are willing / able to afford them!