Another Holte Ender passes. | Vital Football

Another Holte Ender passes.

I do recognise him and the jumper. Think he was an away regular too but might be wrong.

RIP Steve

Yeah stood next to him for a few years in the lower holte really lovely gentle man always give me a cuddle lol gonna be weird today
RIP MY FRIEND.

A sad fact of getting older is how you notice people around you that you grew up with or knew through various circumstances dying and "Cricket Jumper Steve" is one of those I saw at various Villa games but we never actually spoke only just a nod and smile towards each other.

Rest In Peace now Steve.

DW1erKgWAAIB61s.jpgdownload.jpg

Last edited:
Never had the pleasure of chatting with him, but saw him around and abouts. From those who knew him, sounded a unique and lovely character.

What a shame! And to be alone like that too, very sad. Was obviously one of the great characters at Villa though and will be missed by many. I hope there will be a tribute for an ordinary man, perhaps representing the many others who have passed away without fanfare.
RIP Steve

Reactions: OVB
What a shame! And to be alone like that too, very sad. Was obviously one of the great characters at Villa though and will be missed by many. I hope there will be a tribute for an ordinary man, perhaps representing the many others who have passed away without fanfare.
RIP Steve

The club always pays tribute to Villa Fans who have passed away during the year at the last home game of the season. They put photo's up on the screen and generally do it very well.

Sad news! Barrington Hole passed over to the great Villa Park in the sky today aged 76.

Subject of one of the best chants in the Holte End in the 70's and still remembered by many from that era today.

R.I.P. Barrie.

Sad news! Barrington Hole passed over to the great Villa Park in the sky today aged 76.

Subject of one of the best chants in the Holte End in the 70's and still remembered by many from that era today.

R.I.P. Barrie.
Yes more sad news about another of our older players.
RIP Barrie