Another Great Read | Vital Football

Another Great Read

Liked 90% of this nciely written review but a little part of me didn't like the underlying tone....might just be me.

Thanks Crookes

I stopped reading at "Sheffield United are back in the Premier League to prove heart beats talent" (which happens to be the title...) I have no interest in the views of patronising yanks on any subject, let alone the beautiful game.

Cheers Crookes.

I agree with the other two. I think if anything it was demeaning. The author has tried to make out we’re just a plucky little small ‘town’ club punching way above its weight that’s having a one-off one season jolly in the top tier facing up the giants of the game (like Palace). He also infers that it’s all about our player’s heart as opposed to their skill and that we play in some ramshackle outdated stadium when the truth is that in terms of size, support and stadium we’re as good or better than at least half the clubs in the top tier and we play with plenty of skill and flair.

A typical example of a jouno who’s done zero hands on research and pulled a story together from other media and his own assumptions.

I thought there was a deadwood feel to it, and patronising, as though we shouldn't be here.

We are here on merit, our journey in the big league might only last season but we are here and here to be heard

If you give 1000 monkey's a 1000 typewriters etc etc

The writer is trying to join too many things into a theory of football success for poor plucky little Sheffield United. Bits made me proud, bits made me nauseous.