Another Announcement Incoming | Page 5 | Vital Football

Another Announcement Incoming

Will do, but give me time to write it down and spell check it first, or else I will have the grammar police on me.

I instinctively checked to make sure that I had spelt 'Ooooh' correctly. Apologies to all if there are tooooo many o's in it.

Given he essentially fucked his body playing through the pain barrier for us, I’d hope the very least we do is offer him another 6 months to prove himself. If he’s found not to be good enough fine, but for me we have to give him the chance.
If I was a sentimentalist I would agree. The reality is no other NL winner is still here bar the unique Matt Rhead. He won’t be good enough to get us anywhere near the Championship, which I am sure is now the target. Its hard hearted but it’s true. We have to spend every penny wisely.

If I was a sentimentalist I would agree. The reality is no other NL winner is still here bar the unique Matt Rhead. He won’t be good enough to get us anywhere near the Championship, which I am sure is now the target. Its hard hearted but it’s true. We have to spend every penny wisely.

Whether or not he’s good enough isn’t the point. For me, the point is he knackered himself playing for us and therefore we have a moral obligation to give him the opportunity to get fit and prove himself (or not).

Whether or not he’s good enough isn’t the point. For me, the point is he knackered himself playing for us and therefore we have a moral obligation to give him the opportunity to get fit and prove himself (or not).

Absolutely agree, I seem to remember KA giving Chris Cornelly an extended deal despite recovering from a bad knee injury. It's the right thing to do and I think it will show the current squad and future players that we're a club that looks after its players and does the right thing.

Anderson played for us in the NL winning season, granted on loan.

Beevers didn't hang around after his injury, albeit he got a testimonial (or was it a benefit match, I can't remember?).

The Cowleys don't do sentimentality. However, Sam is a class player who they have worked with for a long time. Those who say he wasn't so good last season and had been found out by the step up to L2 forget that for much of the season he was carrying the injury which wiped out this season for him.

I hope he gets a new deal to show he's fit and capable at next season's level. His problem will be that Toff now has possession of the left back position and has improved in that role as the season has progressed, and has been the most reliable in terms of fitness.

Sam may therefore be faced with a similar decision to the likes of Power, Palmer and Whitehouse - remain as a squad player or step down for starts.

I’m pleased that he stays another season. Not sure he can cut it at FL1 and feel he’ll be on the bench a lot. Still perhaps he can finish as part of the coaching team.