Another Announcement Incoming | Page 4 | Vital Football

Another Announcement Incoming

Sorry but for me this is a big mistake.What makes you think he will get goals at L1 level? How many goals as he got this season - 1 ? The money would have been better spent elsewhere IMO.

You only have to look at the Tranmere game to see this is anything but a mistake.
Rheady was magnificent. With a wee bit of luck he would have had a hat trick.
More importantly he creates so much and gets the other players into attacking positions. Akinde had his best match for ages and that's no coincidence. Rheady created space for Akinde as well setting him up time and time again.

Rheady totally deserves another year. And Danny clearly thinks so too which is the best reason of all.

You only have to look at the Tranmere game to see this is anything but a mistake.
More importantly he creates so much and gets the other players into attacking positions. Akinde had his best match for ages and that's no coincidence. Rheady created space for Akinde as well setting him up time and time again.

Rheady totally deserves another year. And Danny clearly thinks so too which is the best reason of all.

When they both started at FGR remember what happened? Two goals for Akinde. Similarly, at Cambridge, Rhead fed Akinde to score. I truly believe that he could play in any league, right up to the Premier! After all, Vardy did, and GTF!

Just to mention Akinde was excellent at MK Dons and that wasn’t ages ago.

If you consider we recruited the best right back, left back and centre half in L2 without a fee being paid, there must be some good deals about in the summer.
With this in mind I can’t see a place for Habergham. We should be looking to find someone with potential to be better than Toffolo. I do not see that Habergham fits that description. It would be a sentimental decision, if we kept him. It’s a reflection of how quickly we have moved up the leagues.

I'm sure Andy Warrington is delighted you are hawking his job out. Our backroom staff have been part of the success this season and such a decision would be very harsh in my opinion
Agreed, it's nothing personal to Warrington, but this is business and if Gilks can cover 2 roles and save a full or part of a wage its not all bad...DC has said we need to manage the budget well and could do with new investment to make us competitive.

Think we need to try and get a youngster in loan from higher up, someone like Sam Surridge from Bournemouth would be my choice, 6 foot 3 and got 11 in 20 for Oldham before Bournemouth recalled. Pleased for Rheady but think we will need someone who can partner Akinde on a regular basis and score a few in the tight games to turn draws into wins.

When they both started at FGR remember what happened? Two goals for Akinde. Similarly, at Cambridge, Rhead fed Akinde to score. I truly believe that he could play in any league, right up to the Premier! After all, Vardy did, and GTF!

Indeed they were a menace that day. They blew the poor buggers away

If Gilks is up to speed with his badges, I'd let Andy Warrington go and appoint Gilks as player coach and then let Smith out on loan.
Not all about the qualifications, and having that doesn't translate to being good at what you're trained in (from a delivery to others POV).

If it was, we'd have Uni educated 'book taught' people everywhere.

If you consider we recruited the best right back, left back and centre half in L2 without a fee being paid, there must be some good deals about in the summer.
With this in mind I can’t see a place for Habergham. We should be looking to find someone with potential to be better than Toffolo. I do not see that Habergham fits that description. It would be a sentimental decision, if we kept him. It’s a reflection of how quickly we have moved up the leagues.

Given he essentially fucked his body playing through the pain barrier for us, I’d hope the very least we do is offer him another 6 months to prove himself. If he’s found not to be good enough fine, but for me we have to give him the chance.

Not all about the qualifications, and having that doesn't translate to being good at what you're trained in (from a delivery to others POV).

If it was, we'd have Uni educated 'book taught' people everywhere.

Uni educated book taught people are everywhere.

You can be the best at what you do but if you don't have the right bit of paper then nowadays you haven't got a chance.

I was dealing with a council department a few months ago down south and was being assisted by someone who really knew there stuff and was actually very helpful. She told me that she was being moved to another role because of reorganisation and wouldn't be doing her old job anymore because she didn't have the right qualifications specified for the new role.

She was replaced by a new person in a "new management role" (fundamentally the same thing but with a fancier job title) by someone who had qualifications as long as your arm. Result total and utter chaos because they hadn't a clue what they were actually doing but had the bit of paper that said they did:arrghh:

Uni educated book taught people are everywhere.

You can be the best at what you do but if you don't have the right bit of paper then nowadays you haven't got a chance.

I was dealing with a council department a few months ago down south and was being assisted by someone who really knew there stuff and was actually very helpful. She told me that she was being moved to another role because of reorganisation and wouldn't be doing her old job anymore because she didn't have the right qualifications specified for the new role.

She was replaced by a new person in a "new management role" (fundamentally the same thing but with a fancier job title) by someone who had qualifications as long as your arm. Result total and utter chaos because they hadn't a clue what they were actually doing but had the bit of paper that said they did:arrghh:
Exactly.

We have people in our industry who can pick 'tickets' up in certain areas relatively easily and get up to, in theory, a highly qualified level but they completely lack any practical experience. But because they're book taught and have letters after their names, they know best!

Luckily, the Company I work for are the opposite (aside from key positions like H&S, Accounts). They prefer people who are good at their job and think the key is in 'on the job training' rather than sitting exams/courses (although they're willing to put people through those if they want).

Exactly.

We have people in our industry who can pick 'tickets' up in certain areas relatively easily and get up to, in theory, a highly qualified level but they completely lack any practical experience. But because they're book taught and have letters after their names, they know best!

Luckily, the Company I work for are the opposite (aside from key positions like H&S, Accounts). They prefer people who are good at their job and think the key is in 'on the job training' rather than sitting exams/courses (although they're willing to put people through those if they want).

Blame the utter failure of successive governments - of all stripes - to develop a sensible vocational training framework in this country.

Blame the utter failure of successive governments - of all stripes - to develop a sensible vocational training framework in this country.

I don't think that is the problem. Business used to train their own staff and promote from within. These days they don't. Most apprenticeships are meaningless and they want staff to be trained before they get hired.

This coincided with the shift from industrialised in the mid nineties to early noughties AND the focus on expanding university education and has not been addressed. Lots of people in the latter half of their working lives that don't have paper and are now working in shops or call centres.

It isn't that successive goverments "failed to develop" sensible vocational training. It is that successive goverments intentionally reduced what was there before.

As it happens I think they are trying some new things now and my eldest who will be 14 this year has decided to go to the UTC and try to get into Siemens via that route. Much more practical based than "book taught." For him it suits how he learns best being autistic and ADHD he can get lost in monotonous "lecture" style learning.

Notty you cant just blame successive governments for everything. Businesses and individuals need to stand up and be counted and not blame every obstacle they encounter on government etc. Personal intuition and common sense get practical people around most obstacles along life’s journey.

Notty you cant just blame successive governments for everything. Businesses and individuals need to stand up and be counted and not blame every obstacle they encounter on government etc. Personal intuition and common sense get practical people around most obstacles along life’s journey.
Government is not the solution, Government is the problem and our reliance on government and expectation that government will fix the problem is the even bigger problem.

I don't think that is the problem. Business used to train their own staff and promote from within. These days they don't. Most apprenticeships are meaningless and they want staff to be trained before they get hired.

This coincided with the shift from industrialised in the mid nineties to early noughties AND the focus on expanding university education and has not been addressed. Lots of people in the latter half of their working lives that don't have paper and are now working in shops or call centres.

It isn't that successive goverments "failed to develop" sensible vocational training. It is that successive goverments intentionally reduced what was there before.

As it happens I think they are trying some new things now and my eldest who will be 14 this year has decided to go to the UTC and try to get into Siemens via that route. Much more practical based than "book taught." For him it suits how he learns best being autistic and ADHD he can get lost in monotonous "lecture" style learning.

This is pretty much what is written every White Paper. Only the Executive Summary, conclusions, and recommendations change.