Another Announcement Incoming | Page 3 | Vital Football

Another Announcement Incoming

I think some comments are unfair.

He has excellent touch and awareness. He is a good footballer technically.

League 1 will give him more time on the ball and he will be a useful player.

I think he will surprise a few people to be honest . Would like to see rowe mcartan and o'hara stay. Then i think one or two quality additions to consolisdate then who knows. Then the the added benefit of loanees as some clubs higher up will see what the club is doing in terms of development.

I think some comments are unfair.

He has excellent touch and awareness. He is a good footballer technically.

League 1 will give him more time on the ball and he will be a useful player.
100% agree...remember the back heel at the Emirates? He has great touch for a big lad and has certainly got himself much fitter under the Cowleys.
Ipswich couldn’t handle him at all with Championship defenders. He’ll be a handful in L1 when he gets his chances....Akinfenwa similar comments.

Pleased Rhead's got another year.

I don't know why he's being judged on goals, because aside from Moyses first season and, to a point, DC's first season, he's never been prolific. He's not let us down this season when he's played, whether that was away at FGR, starting against Tranmere or coming on as a sub against Cambridge or Exeter and creating goals.

Of course, he's a Plan B, maybe even a Plan C now, but I suspect off the pitch he adds a lot too.

He's probably the one that sets the whole Cowley example out having been here from the start.

I'm happy to see him play a part next season, I mean it's not like he's going to lose his pace is it ! Also think being a link with "when we were shit" is something to keep hold of. He's part of the DNA of the club

With Rheady it's more than just how he plays. You need that dressing room influence which he offers and his antics with goalkeepers at free kicks would be missed above everything else. He would be a massive asset to so many others clubs so why strengthen them

i hope rhead is at least coaching every attacker on how to head a long ball. i also think they can get him a few more percentage points fitter... and he can get himself a few lbs fitter for league 1. which would make him even more useful.

cowley's earlier statement was clear he would only do the contracts for everyone at the same time... treating them all as equals, makes me wonder if O'Connor/habergham/gilks have them, but the offers are not so easy to sign?
similar to a 'whitehouse'?

cowley's earlier statement was clear he would only do the contracts for everyone at the same time... treating them all as equals, makes me wonder if O'Connor/habergham/gilks have them, but the offers are not so easy to sign?
similar to a 'whitehouse'?
Can't see Habergham being offered one at all - no guarantee of being fit - won't get into the team
O'Connor we have an 'option' on, but no-one seems to know what would trigger that option (appearances? fitness? is the option ours? or his?......)
Gilks seems a no-brainer to me, but lots of complexities in negotiations (does he want a 2 year deal for example, and we are only prepared to offer 1?). Was he actually ours on a short term deal? Or was he actually on loan?

Can't see Habergham being offered one at all - no guarantee of being fit - won't get into the team
O'Connor we have an 'option' on, but no-one seems to know what would trigger that option (appearances? fitness? is the option ours? or his?......)
Gilks seems a no-brainer to me, but lots of complexities in negotiations (does he want a 2 year deal for example, and we are only prepared to offer 1?). Was he actually ours on a short term deal? Or was he actually on loan?
Pretty sure DC said it was an appearance one.

gilks wasn't on loan, as we would be in big trouble for fielding 6 loanees nearly every week.

If Gilks is up to speed with his badges, I'd let Andy Warrington go and appoint Gilks as player coach and then let Smith out on loan.

Dont know if there is anything in this but a sane supporter told me last Saturday that O'Connor is due a knee operation to clear up a problem that was already there when he signed from County.

I'd expect another striker in of Akinde quality (Norwood perhaps?) Rheady will be used as a 3rd option and a crowd raiser. He does get us chanting and singing. Good decision in my opinion.