Anne Boleyn has had a makeover - n/g | Vital Football

Anne Boleyn has had a makeover - n/g

So can we have a white actor playing Martin Luther King? I think it would not go down well amongst the other folk!

Why not?

We've had white men play Jesus before, so why not Martin Luther King?

Who or whom are the, "other folk", and why do you think it wouldn't go down well amongst them?

Why not?

We've had white men play Jesus before, so why not Martin Luther King?

Who or whom are the, "other folk", and why do you think it wouldn't go down well amongst them?

Hey Buddha , where have you been ?
Share your news with us !

Who are "the other folk"?

Given yourself away there.

Another "culture war" story. Yawn. I couldn't give a toss what colour btw.

Meanwhile in the real world we have Covid and global warming which are real problems.
You know perfectly well that if a white person cannot black their face and ACT as a black musician, it seems wrong that a black woman can act the part of a white woman.
I just want a level playing field - never mind "giving myself away". I don't mind ,as long as it works equally for both sides!

Don`t think it makes any difference what colour the actor playing the Queen is, but ,I must confess, a woman playing James Bond seems more than a bit odd. Create a Jane Bond, maybe, but let`s not have a female male James Bond. I`d also be muddled if a man played Wonder Woman, btw.

You know perfectly well that if a white person cannot black their face and ACT as a black musician, it seems wrong that a black woman can act the part of a white woman.
I just want a level playing field - never mind "giving myself away". I don't mind ,as long as it works equally for both sides!
Is the actress "whiting" her face?

Glenda Jackson played King Lear. Poor men, so threatened - not.

Asian guy played David Copperfield in the recent film. So what.

As Buddha pointed out, numerous depictions of Christ not apoearing to be Jewish. So what.

Culture war shite.

SJWs and other people into far left identity politics who think a black person playing the role of a white character is stunningly brave while getting outraged if someone considered white plays a role of someone not considered white.

Glenda Jackson played King Lear. Poor men, so threatened - not.

Asian guy played David Copperfield in the recent film. So what.

Cinderella's sisters are played by men shock horror.

As Buddha pointed out, numerous depictions of Christ not apoearing to be Jewish. So what.

Culture war shite.

People don't care so much if the character being portrayed is a character from a book.

Regardless of politics, people tend to be a little bit more sensitive when actual historical people are being portrayed as something they are not. And more so IF the show ends up being marketed as being historically accurate.

Not hard to imagine. albeit unlikely. Think of all those non-white parts played by white people in the past
Yul Brynner as the King of Siam
Christopher Lee as Fu Manchu
Sam Jaffe as Gunga Din
Anthony Quinn as the Whole Cherokee Nation except Tonto (that was Johnny Depp)
Leonard Nimoy (with glued on fake ears, would you believe) as a Vulcan

The Good Earth while a good film, is hilarious in this respect
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Good_Earth_(film)

The answer is, "it's different". There's no point trying to work out why this is ok, but Scarlet Johansen is criticised for doing an Asian role or is forced to pull out of a transgender role, and Gal Gadot is criticised for playing Cleopatra. It's the same as black lives matter (good) / white lives matter (racist) - it's just different