Angol | Vital Football

Angol

abebaby

Vital Squad Member
I was just wondering if I heard things right in Dannys after match interview yesterday. When asked about Angols injury he said something about now having the summer to get him right. i was just wondering if something had been sorted especially if the rumours about Miller are true.

You heard right and aren't the only one thinking there's a big (accidental) hint there. To be fair permanent deal if promoted has been rumoured for a long time.

Clearly the 100k dodgy Barry Fry was on about when we got him on loan included the fee to sign him.
Get him fit could be a real asset in league two.

Long will be here by all accounts and of the other loanees I would keep are Angol, Anderson and Knott.

Angol would be a real asset in league 2, said a few weeks he was learning loads and loving it here. Will get better and better with the Cowleys

I'd take a punt on Ward. Think he'll be surplus to requirements at Brighton now they've got promoted. Great pace and a good shot on him.

Billy Knott would be a superb player in L2 he comes with lots of experience and his game probably suits a higher league rather than NL

Certainly sounds like Angol will be here, think he could be a great signing, just not sure if him and Rhead is the right way to go, think both of them would be better with someone like Robinson - pacey and hardworking.

Gaz_Imp - 30/4/2017 23:17

Certainly sounds like Angol will be here, think he could be a great signing, just not sure if him and Rhead is the right way to go, think both of them would be better with someone like Robinson - pacey and hardworking.

I think you have hit the nail on the head Gaz. They both play as target men, and for me there has been a big problem with us creating enough goal chances for several months now. Team's know whats coming, and will have been well drilled in training in how to deal with it. Angol would be better playing along side someone with exceptional pace and with a natural knack of finding the net- as you say, like Robinson.

I'd like to keep Ginelly if possible. He's very very green, but with the right coaching i think he'll become a very good player.

Of all the loans, i think id be looking to keep ward and angol. Thats about it. Keep options open with so many out of contract players about.

Big Jack McGinley - 1/5/2017 09:34

Croozey - 1/5/2017 01:12

Of all the loans, i think id be looking to keep ward and angol. Thats about it. Keep options open with so many out of contract players about.

Not Anderson?

Anderson ahead of Angol for me.

Much as I love Rhead, I wonder IF we do sign Angol whether Matt may be used more sparingly next season? Or will the Cowleys stick to both Matt and Lee up top. I agree that I think we need another natural goal scorer at least.

Whatever, I am confident the Cowleys have a handle on whatever is best needed to challenge in League two.

cooperativeimp - 1/5/2017 10:02

Definately Anderson and Angol for me, and probably Knott too...

These are my choices too. People seem to think Long is a done deal too - I'm not yet convinced by him.