Andy Todd Leaving | Vital Football

Andy Todd Leaving

SaskPool

Vital Football Legend
Blackpool first-team coach Andy Todd is to leave the club for family reasons, the club has announced. Todd, who was appointed to the role last summer, has expressed a desire to relocate in order to be closer to his family. Prior to officially joining the club, the former Blackburn Rovers defender had also helped out on the coaching staff since October 2016. Manager Gary Bowyer said: "Andy has been a really strong and valuable addition to my coaching staff here at Blackpool, and you only have to look at some of the work he has done with the defenders, particularly Clark Robertson and Curtis Tilt, to see the impact he has had. “Having said that, family is always an important consideration in every decision you make and we fully understand and support his reasons for making this one. “On behalf of everyone at the club, I’d like to place on record my thanks to Andy and wish him every success for the future.” It is understood Blackpool intend to find a replacement.

Read more at: https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/...todd-leaves-club-for-family-reasons-1-9216181

Blackpool's former first-team coach Andy Todd has been appointed Northampton Town's new assistant manager.
Todd takes on the role at the League Two club after leaving the Seasiders last week for family reasons. The former Blackburn Rovers defender, who was appointed to the role at Blackpool last summer, departed after expressing a desire to relocate in order to be closer to his family. Prior to officially joining the club, Todd had also helped out on the coaching staff since October 2016. Todd, who has previously worked as assistant manager at Linfield and Newport County, enjoyed a loan spell at Northampton during the 2008/09 season. Cobblers boss Dean Austin said: "Andy is a key addition and I am delighted to have him alongside me as my assistant. "Andy is someone I know well, he has a wealth of experience in the game and has all the qualities to help us improve our talented squad. "The fact that we have been able to bring him to the club is very much our gain. He played a big part in what was generally a successful time for Blackpool as he helped them win promotion from League 2 as recently as 2017 and then helped them consolidate in League 1 last season. "He has great knowledge alongside that recent experience of getting out of League 2 and he and I are both very excited by the challenge ahead this season."

Read more at: https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/...d-to-appoint-andy-todd-as-assistant-1-9220413

He did start out as a striker actually Eamonn in non-league for Lancaster, Kendal et al and then played as a striker for Rochdale also....