Andy Carroll - This saga just wont go away. | Page 24 | Vital Football

Andy Carroll - This saga just wont go away.

Liverpool have agreed that we can have him at the end of the season for a supposed fee of 12 million, personally I dont think he is worth half of that.It is entirelly up to him now.Mind you he looked really fit the other night when he came on off the bench.

http://www1.skysports.com/news/12040/8461636/

Seems a few of the local journo's have suggested that the only likely place he'll end up is back here with chances being that Pardew will see him as the ideal person to calm any lingering fires in the Summer.

Just got to get to safety first.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9999216/Newcastle-United-will-try-to-sign-Andy-Carroll-for-7m-from-Liverpool.html

Aye, then all those hopeful punts forward may have got us somewhere rather than just being headed away every time. Carrol was the main reason we humped the filth 5-1 in our first season back, he didn't score, but he roughed their defenders up something rotten. Still can't see it happening. Talk of 10 million bids for him AND aubemayang. Can't see that happening

Toon_Demon - 17/4/2013 09:37

Aye, then all those hopeful punts forward may have got us somewhere rather than just being headed away every time. Carrol was the main reason we humped the filth 5-1 in our first season back, he didn't score, but he roughed their defenders up something rotten. Still can't see it happening. Talk of 10 million bids for him AND aubemayang. Can't see that happening

I suppose T_D that humping the ball up to the big fella up front is one variation on our attacking tactics. When I saw the headline on the back pages this morning, my heart sank.

I see 2 problems with Carroll coming back here - Carroll and Pardew. Carroll has done fuck all since he left this club and I am sure having him back working under a top manager like Pardew will get the best out of him.

For anyone not watching the West Ham v Man Utd game Andy Carroll is terrifying the living daylight out of Man Utds defence

He can bully defences well enough, I just think he'd be a far better player with a creative boss managing him (i.e not pardew or allardyce).

Id snap Liverpool's hand off if we can have him back for £7 million, which we know wont happen as the whole story is fabricated to brush the disgraceful performance under the carpet against the tramps.

That performance tonight has probably got him back in the £15 million bracket as there'll be England talk again.

I don't know what the big deal is over price. If he comes back for £7m, what it realistically means is that the Scousers effectively sold Torres for £22m instead of £50m.

With the rate that Torres was scoring at Liverpool, that makes it a good deal for them.

The usual Andy Carroll story to us has resurfaced again. Only this time I think it will have legs to calm the masses.

It'll obviously be on some low basic wage and boosted by appearances.