Andy Carroll - This saga just wont go away. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Andy Carroll - This saga just wont go away.

deutchermag - 15/7/2012 19:02

But where would he play? And like i say, im likin the harmony in the dressing room. I think its a step back. If we didnt have cisse or ba, then maybe yes. But for me its a bad move. Im afraid his ego is too big for me, we dont need big egos in our dressing room.......

Are you forgetting we have Europe next season? and Ba & Cisse will be away at an important part of the season at the ACON.. they won't be playing every game, especially with Thursday nights in europe

he's an arrogant **** and always has been.ST will need a chin guard if we let him back,let the fecker rot over in Liverpool.
he fucked off for the money, yet some of us welcome him back (even on loan).
sometimes i give up!

Good back up as a target man, but i agree that the 4-3-3 works well and carroll wouldn't really fit into it that well

Initially I quite liked the idea, but as time passes I am beginning to have serious reservations. Nothing against him as a footballer, and off the pitch I imagine he's no bigger an arsehole than most other players. The big question is will he fit into the side? I don't see it. The set up we have is nice with Ba and Cisse up top, with the option of Shola off the bench. For all of his faults Shola was excellent for us last season. Why should he lose his place to Carroll? At another time, maybe. Right now I'd pass on Andy Carroll. Not sure how it would affect Cisse and Ba too, too many things to consider.

If it means getting a class centre back, right back and that Vurnon Anita who can play left back and cover midfield. Then waiting to next year for a striker then it makes sense. Looks like De Jong deal is dead.
I think Carroll would be a an absolute beast if he got another chance.

ba and cisse won't get to the acon because senegal won't get past ivory coast

carroll can only play 1 role - down the middle. signing him will mean we have 3 quality players in that role in ba, cisse and carroll. even with 2 games a week we can't keep them all happy unless one of them gets injured or leaves.

i don't like this. he left. when he came back and tried to cheat to win a pen. no thanks

We'd be mad not to welcome him back. Look upon it as his part in fleecing the scousers.

The truth about whether he wanted to leave or was pushed is conjecture and is probably somewhere in the middle.

Can't expect 2 strikers to play all season without injury, loss of form etc. If Ba stays he wants to play as striker and not on the left. The 4-3-3 might be discarded. Let him have a season to prove himself, use the striker money to strengthen the defence then either buy him next summer if he performs and fits in or go for another target. Good position to be in surely?

If Carroll didn't get sold in the first place, would we have bought Ba or Cisse? I don't think so.
So, some good has come out of the lesson.

No problem with his playing ability and he played his best football at Newcastle. The side now is completely different from when he left, so will he fit in is the question. Of more concern would be his injury niggles, his love of the booze and potential disruption of the dressing room. Pardew will have to be careful how he handles this.

I'm finding myself persuaded by your argument, Steekie.

If it could be guaranteed to work off the pitch as well as on then I'd be much more enthusiastic. If it means losing Ba I'd not be happy though. I've grown quite attached to our Senegalese front pair. All being well I can see a case for having him back as cover. If he was happy playing third fiddle behind Cisse, Ba, and at times Shola then by all means.

See, I've talked myself out of it again now.

Shola is coming up to 31, his days are numbered and nobody decent should play 3rd fiddle to him.
He can only get lazier.

It's a no from me. Funny watching all the fickle bastards jumping back on the wagon quicker than they jumped off though

Rza - 15/7/2012 19:36

It's a no from me. Funny watching all the fickle bastards jumping back on the wagon quicker than they jumped off though

If i remember rightly, it was a mixed bag amongst us including Anger, shock etc. We knew he was a good player and a Geordie but the £35 million helped sweeten things.
He deserves a second chance to win us over. Goals and competition for places will do that.

Would you rather fork out £15 million panic buying someone or get a proven pl player on loan? If it works out we have a new striker if it doesnt we've bought time to identify/wait for targets to become available.

Rza - 15/7/2012 19:36

more like bitterly disappointed he left and we were all annoyed we lost a very good player.

i'm not normally that fussed when a player leaves, but with carroll i was because he's a talented player.

The Owl - 15/7/2012 19:36

Shola is coming up to 31, his days are numbered and nobody decent should play 3rd fiddle to him.
He can only get lazier.

If he puts in another season like last I'll be happy with Shola's contribution. 31 is no age for a top flight professional athlete nowadays. Shola is my new favourite player, and I've never had a good word to say about him until recently. I think you are right, Shola is lazy. At the minute that suits him and us. 20 mins of football about once a fortnight brings out the best in him. I'm not sure where Carroll fits in to it.

We all have our opinions as to why AC left and I was one of the first to brand him a Judas. However times move on & a season loan seems a cracking chance to see if his heart & conduct (on & off the pitch) are in it.
Let him pull on the Black & White, give him our support and see where it leads us.