Andre Gray | Vital Football

Andre Gray

Sir Laz

Vital Football Hero
Anyone other than me think he's worth a punt ?
Only a year left on his contract.
Proven in the prem,think he would love to play in front of 50,000 + week in week out.
Add to this that Rafa likes him too.
Be worth putting in a £20m offer,to test the water or so to speak.

I think there's a few deals done in pencil at the minute with other moves dictating whether they're to do in pen.

Andre Gray is one of these that will depend on Mitrovic being sold or whether a loan deal can be done for Batshuayi.

Paying 20m for somebody with 1 year left on his contract is never going to happen. In fact paying 20m for anybody doesn't appear likely at this moment in time.

There'll be no bigger deals until the squad is established and we can get away with 2 or 3 deals in a window to freshen up. So far under Ashley, that has never really happened in 10 years.

Think we'll need to ship out a couple first.

Last thing Fatty wants is excess on the wage-bill. He won't want to get stuck with 2 or 3 players not in the 25 that are still being paid for - I reckon that's what Benitez has agreed with having funds in place for new players - 'no excess wages for players who won't play'.

sooner have that king from b'mouth like,shit hot the 2nd half of the season,tho i divent think any of them are much better than gayle......first full p.league season for him innit?

Unsure what Gray brings to the table .. quick yes, 9 goals in first season in prem. How many were pens and think I read 3 of those 9 goals were in one game against the mackems. I know prices are inflated but 20 mll seems a lot . I hope we just pay the going rate for a good striker. Personally with Liverpool already having spent a few quid and they are lining up someone 60mil + from leipzig I would enquire about sturridge, yes poor injury record but he knows how to finish and has done it for a few seasons .

No, not for me. Not with that fucking pathetic 'dance' he does when he scores.

The proper thing to do is wheel away with one arm held up. Then get back to the match at hand.

Iheanacho at Citeh is who I'd be in for, now he has some serious competition for places.

To buy, ideally, but I'd take him on loan this season as well.

Reckon he's planned to be the main man for Citeh in a couple of years - but will find first team action limited this season, and possibly next. Citeh boss-man might be willing to let him go on loan if that's the case, get some Prem experience and first team action - also, Citeh will be wanting us to take point off the other top sides to give them a better chance of the title - loaning him to us and not being allowed to play against them would be BIG in their favour.

They keep talking about a striker but they need more than one. All we have at the moment is Gayle who is no more than average in The Premiership and Mitro who Premierships sides will deal with if he remains. A severe lack of attacking quality never mind strengthening midfield and defence. Dimmest and Colback no where near good enough. Longer it takes to bring players in and ship players out the more points we could drop. I fear Rafa departing and have no faith in Ashley or Charnley.

Yeah, I think we need two strikers as well.

Surprised we let Murphy go, as I think he'd score as many, if not more, than Mitrovic.