Anderlect again !!!! | Page 2 | Vital Football

Anderlect again !!!!

Sorry been at work.It was on Sky Sports News.
Cheers mate, I only asked because I was at the match that we was dumped out of because of both a cheating club & a cheating bastard of a Ref.

I've followed this story for all these years and I've even sat down with some of the players and discussed it - Garry Birtles was the most bitterest out of all the players and even to this day he will still rise with his hackles up and spit out the venom he holds for the Ref & Anderlecht.

No no no no no no no. If they start claiming it’s not their fault, then you can hate them nearly as much as THEM.

I've been to Newcastle/West Ham/Millwall and to Anfield (when we knocked them out of Europe) when there's been a few airy moments after all of the games but none more so than that night in Belgium.

Even today on "Tripadvisor" in there review it says -
Not A Safe Area
"Do not go near this area if you are a tourist. i stayed at the Van Belle hotel which was good but the streets around the hotel are unsafe"

At the match that night I don't think I have ever been so frightened at a football match in my life and on leaving the stadium I remember turning round to a friend and saying "(God - what would have happened if we had won?)"

I am not being over dramatic when I say I feared for my life - FFS it was a football match where they didn't have stewards but police in full riot gear - Batons - Shields - Hard Helmets!!! the full works.

I've been to Newcastle/West Ham/Millwall and to Anfield (when we knocked them out of Europe) when there's been a few airy moments after all of the games but none more so than that night in Belgium.

Even today on "Tripadvisor" in there review it says -
Not A Safe Area
"Do not go near this area if you are a tourist. i stayed at the Van Belle hotel which was good but the streets around the hotel are unsafe"

At the match that night I don't think I have ever been so frightened at a football match in my life and on leaving the stadium I remember turning round to a friend and saying "(God - what would have happened if we had won?)"

I am not being over dramatic when I say I feared for my life - FFS it was a football match where they didn't have stewards but police in full riot gear - Batons - Shields - Hard Helmets!!! the full works.

I wasn't there but my understanding is 90% of the trouble was caused by us.

I was there and 100% of the trouble was caused by us; I have seen much worse though.

If I remember correctly there was a park right outside the ground; that was were it appeared to start.

It was an interesting journey back to the Railway Station that night.

Anderlecht is far worse an area these days; it seems to have transformed in to an immigrant ghetto

Sorry but it wasn't - not in the ground anyway!!!

Can't say about outside of the ground but I understand a pitched battle erupted on some wasteland/park area just outside of the ground. We were shuttled back to our hotel by a local bar owner because he was worried for our safety.

Inside the ground trouble erupted behind the goal in their end - flares were lit and you could hardly see their supporters and at one point you couldn't see the goal.

The riot mob stood in front of them for a while until something provoked them to move in - In riot gear they waded in just cracking everyone in their way with the batons they were carrying - No way did any Forest supporters get involved and that means there was no Forest/Anderlecht battles within the arena.

Sorry but it wasn't - not in the ground anyway!!!

Can't say about outside of the ground but I understand a pitched battle erupted on some wasteland/park area just outside of the ground. We were shuttled back to our hotel by a local bar owner because he was worried for our safety.

Inside the ground trouble erupted behind the goal in their end - flares were lit and you could hardly see their supporters and at one point you couldn't see the goal.

The riot mob stood in front of them for a while until something provoked them to move in - In riot gear they waded in just cracking everyone in their way with the batons they were carrying - No way did any Forest supporters get involved and that means there was no Forest/Anderlecht battles within the arena.

I know several lads who went in their end...

Went to Belgium (Brugge) this summer - certainly some issues with migrants.

I do like their chocolate and beer though!

I didn't ever really feel like i'd left Norfolk whenever i've been to Belgium. Similarly flat landscape .
Less fingers though.

Fewer. FFS. Fewer.

Went to Brugge two weekends ago with Mrs Garibaldi, who accompanied me despite her love of T*******m. We found Brugge to be a lovely city with a fabulous gin club if you can locate it.

On the way home, we argued about who would have won the 1984 final if we hadn't been cheated, and the 1991 FA cup final if we hadn't been cheated by that p*nce of a ref. Happy days.

Last edited: