An open letter to Marcelo Bielsa | Vital Football

An open letter to Marcelo Bielsa

deslondon

Vital Football Hero
Estimado Sr. Bielsa:
On behalf of the Leeds United Supporters’ Trust, members and fans, we felt compelled to write to you to express our feelings on the overall impact you’ve had on our club.
In the short time that you and your team have been coaching Leeds United we have seen an inspirational turn around in the quality of football at Elland Road. It has been incredibly pleasing to see the unity within the club and the progress this has led to both on and off the field. Improvements to the training ground, a clear footballing ethos and a truly passionate backroom staff has gone a long way in giving this special club its identity back after years of previous mismanagement.
Whilst this season has unfortunately ended not as we’d hoped, it has been a brilliant season to be a part of. Additionally, the performances of the U18 and U23 teams has been remarkable and highlights what a bright future the club has ahead of it. We hope they are very proud of their achievements and long may it continue.
Leeds is again a city united, football has returned. Together we are loyal, we are determined, we are proud. The long history of our club is well established, but as historical, time-honoured successes fade, there is so much still to be written and we feel this has only just begun. This season alone has renewed our hope in the future and that a new chapter of our heritage is underway, we want you to remain the key part of it.
Even through difficult times and perceived injustices you have held an unparalleled level of dignity, acting always in the best interests of the club, this has not gone unnoticed among the fan base. Your passion and tireless dedication in improving the team has affirmed our trust in you and your staff.
You have our respect, our admiration and our unwavering support. We believe in your philosophy and thank you for all your efforts. Your football makes us dream again and we’re all hoping you will continue to take us on the journey in our Centenary season.
It is our hope that the board will continue to invest in the team and allow you to make the improvements you would like to give us that extra push we need for what’s going to be a very special season in 2019/2020.
Gracias Marcelo, somos nosotros contra el mundo; Marching on Together.
Muy atentamente,
Leeds United Supporters' Trust

Too damn right I want him to stay,.from the 1st game to the last we’ve had something to play for ,this man as transformed the ethos of LUFC ,long may it continue,,.after many seasons of mediocre football, this season I’ve come back from matches with joy in my heart, blood in my veins pumping yellow white and blue, MOT

Alternatively Tony Pulis is available.
I fail to believe after years of shit football and now with a manager who has revitalised this club and brought excitement and passion back that any Leeds fans do not want him to stay.

Nothing against Bielsa.
The question is, has he won anything?
Didn't the Dutch play some fanciful football that gives sugar rush to the adrenaline too.

Nothing against Bielsa.
Didn't the Dutch play some fanciful football that gives sugar rush to the adrenaline too.
Are you actually positive about anything to do with the team? I know we all have our moments of anger and frustration but you seem to hell bent on highlighting all the negatives.

Nothing against Bielsa.

If he'd been backed in either transfer window, we would have walked this league. He turned a turd of a squad into a rough diamond. Imagine what he could have done had he been backed properly.

Alternatively Tony Pulis is available.
I fail to believe after years of shit football and now with a manager who has revitalised this club and brought excitement and passion back that any Leeds fans do not want him to stay.

If Leeds could have Bielsa to put them top of the tree by Christmas and Pulis to finish the job by getting Leeds promoted in the latter half would be like having the cake and eat it.
Shit or otherwise, as long as it gets done.

Last edited:
Are you actually positive about anything to do with the team? I know we all have our moments of anger and frustration but you seem to hell bent on highlighting all the negatives.
Not being negative.
Just collectively laying down bitter to swallow facts.

With
If he'd been backed in either transfer window, we would have walked this league. He turned a turd of a squad into a rough diamond. Imagine what he could have done had he been backed properly.

Then the same could be said about KB, GM and TC who got Leeds punching way beyond their class.

Personally I think it will be a disaster if we don't secure Bielsa for at least one more season. I don't think the same could be said about any recent manager. I must be watching a different Leeds team.

Are you sure you want him on 4 million a year salary just to get your hopes up for only half the season.

This for example is totally wrong. Our hopes were up right till the playoff semi-final 2nd leg.
I'm hardly a glass half full person and you like all Leeds fans are entitled to your own opinions but you must surely see yourself as a very negative person.
Full houses every game suggest most think different but when you read the comments in the YEP there are posters who want our owner out of our club and are almost gleeful that we did not succeed and in no way do I see you like them.